Cooler NT-10 - Newton 10" telescope cooling system
Cover for telescope mirror cooling
The problem of thermal stabilization of telescope optics is familiar to many amateurs of astronomy. The lens of the telescope, only taken out for observation from a warm room or the car's interior, cools down for a long time to the temperature of the surrounding air. Above the surface of mirrors there is a boundary layer of warm air, and ascending streams rise along the pipe. All this spoils the picture, especially at high magnification. With a temperature drop of 10-15 °, the main mirror of a large telescope can cool down to several hours, making it impossible for qualitative observations. The problem is solved by installing active cooling for optics.
Primary mirror cell cover Cooler NT is equipped with a powerful blowing cooler. Powered on cooler generates a low pressure area around the primary mirror, due to which the air inside the tube starts to blow over the front surface of the primary mirror.
Such forced-air cooling solves three problems at once: it allows you to eliminate convective flows ascending along the tube walls, blow off the layer of warm air adjoining the mirror and accelerate the process of mirror cooling.
Cooler NT line is fully compatible with Newtonian telescopes 6", 8" and 10" of Synta production (trademarks: Sky-Watcher, Celestron, Orion, Meade, Konus, Levenhuk, Arsenal and their analogues).
Price - $49.00
Free worldwide shipping.
Ad Number: 117034
- Sending the goods after payment within 3 days. Please send a message about payment and delivery address to E-MAIL: email@example.com
The cover on the rim of the main mirror Cooler NT is equipped with a powerful blower blower. The included cooler creates a low-pressure zone around the main mirror and, due to this, the air inside the pipe starts to blow out the front surface of the main mirror. This blowing solution is solved immediately by two problems: it allows you to get rid of convective currents rising along the pipe walls and blow off the boundary layer of warm air, and also to speed up the process of cooling the mirror to the air temperature. The Cooler NT line is fully compatible with Newton's 6 ", 8" and 10 "telescopes manufactured by Synta (trademarks: Sky-Watcher, Celestron, Orion, Meade, Konus, Levenhuk, Arsenal and analogues.) In the two younger models for 6" and 8 "telescopes attachment of the attachment to the frame takes place with the help of special pivoting feet, and in the older 10" - the cover panel is screwed to the regular threaded holes in the movable part of the frame.
• The cooling cover shall be installed by using standard threaded holes provided in all 10’’ telescopes of Synta production.
• Position the cooling panel so as to direct the fastening screws towards these holes, ensuring that the adjustment screws of the cell fit the panel openings.
• Tighten the mounting screws gradually one by one in order to avoid the panel warping. A strong tightening is not required, as it can distort the alignment of the primary mirror.
• Double check the telescope alignment after installing the cover. Whenever the alignment of the primary mirror is required, loosen the cover clamp and tighten it again after finishing the alignment.
• After finishing the installation, connect the AC adapter or power cable from the cigarette lighter in the power socket. Press the button to switch the cooler on.
The manufacturer provides a warranty on all products for 24 months from the date of purchase. In case of any node failure in the process of intended use, the manufacturer provides a free repair or replaces the product. Warranty service shall be performed according to the effective legislation.
In cases where a product failed due to the unintended use or excessive loads, the buyer shall be responsible for repair costs.
If faults occur after the warranty period, we will also be happy to help you correct them and make our products even better.
• Cooling cover Cooler NT-10
• Allen key
• Power cable from cigarette lighter (1,2m)
• User’s manual
• Power supply: 12V, 1A DC (2,1х5,5mm jack)
• Package size: 25х25х4сm
• Weight: 0.4kg / 0.5kg
Please write your questions by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org