New Librarians Conference Committee
Commitment Time Frame: 6-8 months; every 3 years (2019, 2022, 2025)
Committee Description: Works alongside the ASLA Conference Chair to plan a half-day professional learning opportunity for PK-12 Alabama school librarians having served less than 5 years as a school librarian. It is important to focus on pertinent and applicable topics for school librarians new to the profession.
- Work with the New Librarians Conference chair to plan for professional learning topics pertinent to PK-12 school librarians in Alabama having served less than 5 years in the role as a library media specialist.
- Execute publicity of the New Librarians Conference
- Have the ability to send mass emails, reply to responses promptly, help the committee select applicants to attend New Librarians Conference
- Organization skills to sort through numerous applications, notify, and plan logistics for the half-day conference
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with the ASLA board, chair, and participants
New librarians Chair
Pelham Park Middle School, firstname.lastname@example.org