Commitment Time Frame: 6-8 months
Committee Description: The awards committee is an great first step to get involved in ASLA committees. Be an integral part of reading, discussing, and selecting honorees to receive prestigious ASLA awards for outstanding contributions to school librarianship in Alabama.
- Participate in committee meetings and discussion to select award winners
- Ability to meet deadlines for reviewing, commenting, and discussing applications
- Objectively reviewing, scoring, and ranking awards applications
- Communicate clearly to award winners to notify in a timely manner
- Extend invitations to winners respective district and/or building administration
- Provide award winners with a press release for use on school website, newsletter, and local news outlets.