I am a fourth year PhD candidate in the Illinois Informatics Institute and the iSchool at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before that, I finished my MEng degree in computer science with distinction from Cornell University. I am a lecturer at Imam Mohammad Bin Saud University at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I received a government scholarship from the university to complete my graduate studies in the US. My research is at the intersection of information science and social science. It focuses on developing social computational methods to help with better understanding individuals behavior and attitude in social media. My current interest involve understanding information sharing behavior of individuals while discussing controversial health issues in social media.
- [Nov17]: Paper accepted to NIPS Workshop on Prioritising Online Content, Co-located with NIPS 2017.
- [Oct 17]: Poster accepted to Women in Machine Learning workshop (WiML 2017), Co-located with NIPS 2017.
- [June 17]: Chosen to be one of the director of Women Who Code- Chicago (WWCode).
- [May 17]: Poster accepted to Women in Natural Language Processing workshop (WiNLP 2017), co-located with ACL 2017.
- [May 17]: Long paper accepted to the NLP+CSS: Workshops on Natural Language Processing and Computational Social Science, co-located with ACL 2017
- [May 17]: invited to attend the second annual Specialist Meeting on Social Media Data Stewardship at Ryerson University in Toronto on July 27, 2017.
- [May 17]: Presented a talk at the Social Media Analytics Summit, UIUC.
- [May 17]: Poster accepted at the International Conference on Computational Social Science IC2S2 conference.
- [April 17]: Accepted to the QCRI summer internship program.
- [April 17]: Invited to attend the International Women's Day celebrations from Google Women Techmakers in Chicago,IL.
- [March 17]: Paper accepted at the 8th Annual International Conference on Social Media and Society (#SMSociety).
You can find me at :