I am a fifth year PhD candidate in the Illinois Informatics Institute and the iSchool at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before that, I finished my MEng degree in computer science with distinction from Cornell University. I am a lecturer at Imam Mohammad Bin Saud University at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I received a government scholarship from the university to complete my graduate studies in the US. My research is at the intersection of information science and social science. It focuses on developing social computational methods to help with better understanding individuals behavior and attitude in social media. My current interest involve understanding information sharing behavior of individuals while discussing controversial health issues in social media.
- [Feb 19]: Invited by SKERG group in King Saud University to present a workshop on Arabic sentiment analysis with ~80 attendees.
- [Feb 19]: Invited to present a seminar to IWAN group at King Saud University in Riyadh.
- [Jan 19]: Presented a two day workshop on data science in collaboration with Riyadh Data Geeks group with ~180 attendees (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).
- [Dec 18]: Paper accepted to IConference 2019.
- [Dec 18]: Participated as a data science track mentor in the MIT hacking medicine hackathon held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- [Dec 18]: PC member of ArabWIC2019 (ArabWIC 6th Annual International conference on Arab Women in Computing).
- [October 18]: invited to attend Women Techmakers Leads Summit @Google, NY.
- [September 18]: Attending Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston,TX.
- [August 18]: Paper accepted to the international conference series on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2018).
- [August 18]: Chosen to be a mentor and a judge for the Hajj Hackathon in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- [June 18]: Paper accepted to the International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation (SBP-BRiMS 2018).
- [Feb 18]: I will be joining the Information Science Institute at USC as a visiting researcher for the summer.
- [Jan 18]: I haven been selected to participate in the CRA-W Grad Cohort for Women in San Francisco, California.
- [Nov17]: Extended abstract accepted to NIPS Workshop on Prioritising Online Content, Co-located with NIPS 2017.
- [Oct 17]: Poster accepted to Women in Machine Learning workshop (WiML 2017), Co-located with NIPS 2017.
- [June 17]: Chosen to be one of the director of Women Who Code- Chicago (WWCode).
- [May 17]: Poster accepted to Women in Natural Language Processing workshop (WiNLP 2017), co-located with ACL 2017.
- [May 17]: Long paper accepted to the NLP+CSS: Workshops on Natural Language Processing and Computational Social Science, co-located with ACL 2017
- [May 17]: invited to attend the second annual Specialist Meeting on Social Media Data Stewardship at Ryerson University in Toronto on July 27, 2017.
- [May 17]: Presented a talk at the Social Media Analytics Summit, UIUC.
- [May 17]: Poster accepted at the International Conference on Computational Social Science IC2S2 conference.
- [April 17]: Accepted to the QCRI summer internship program.
- [April 17]: Invited to attend the International Women's Day celebrations from Google Women Techmakers in Chicago,IL.
- [March 17]: Paper accepted at the 8th Annual International Conference on Social Media and Society (#SMSociety).
You can find me at: