I am an assistant Professor in the Department of Computer and information science at Imam Mohammad Bin Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. My research interests are in social computing where I focuses on developing social computational methods to help with better understanding individuals behavior and attitude about social life online via large datasets. I completed my PhD in informatics at the Illinois Informatics Institute and the iSchool at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before that, I finished my MEng degree in computer science with distinction from Cornell University.
- [April 2]: presenting our paper "Categorization and Comparison of Influential Twitter Users and Sources Referenced in Tweets for Two HealthRelated Topics" at IConference 2019.
- [March 29]: Defended my thesis!!
- [March 18]: Paper accepted at ICWSM 2019.
- [March 9]: Our chapter, ArabWIC Saudi Arabia, won the best ArabWIC chapter award at ArabWIC conference.
- [March 9]: Presented a workshop, "Data Science 101: Social Media Text Mining" at the 6th International Conference of Arab Women in Computing (ArabWIC) held in Morocco.
- [March 8]: Presented a Lightning Talk, "Online Data Ethics" at the 6th International Conference of Arab Women in Computing (ArabWIC) held in Morocco.
- [March 4]: Invited to present a talk in the Women in Data Science Day (WiDS Riyadh @ KACST), the title of the presentation was "The Emergence of Social Bots in Social Media".
- [Feb]: Invited by SKERG group in King Saud University to present a workshop on Arabic sentiment analysis with ~80 attendees.
- [Feb]: Invited to present a seminar to IWAN group at King Saud University in Riyadh.
- [Jan ]: Presented a two day workshop on data science in collaboration with Riyadh Data Geeks group with ~180 attendees (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).
- [Dec 18]: Paper accepted to IConference 2019.
- [Dec 18]: Participated as a data science track mentor in the MIT hacking medicine hackathon held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- [Dec 18]: PC member of ArabWIC2019 (ArabWIC 6th Annual International conference on Arab Women in Computing).
- [October 18]: invited to attend Women Techmakers Leads Summit @Google, NY.
- [September 18]: Attending Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston,TX.
- [August 18]: Paper accepted to the international conference series on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2018).
- [August 18]: Chosen to be a mentor and a judge for the Hajj Hackathon in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- [June 18]: Paper accepted to the International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation (SBP-BRiMS 2018).
- [Feb 18]: I will be joining the Information Science Institute at USC as a visiting researcher for the summer.
- [Jan 18]: I haven been selected to participate in the CRA-W Grad Cohort for Women in San Francisco, California.
- [Nov17]: Extended abstract accepted to NIPS Workshop on Prioritising Online Content, Co-located with NIPS 2017.
- [Oct 17]: Poster accepted to Women in Machine Learning workshop (WiML 2017), Co-located with NIPS 2017.
- [June 17]: Chosen to be one of the director of Women Who Code- Chicago (WWCode).
- [May 17]: Poster accepted to Women in Natural Language Processing workshop (WiNLP 2017), co-located with ACL 2017.
- [May 17]: Long paper accepted to the NLP+CSS: Workshops on Natural Language Processing and Computational Social Science, co-located with ACL 2017
- [May 17]: invited to attend the second annual Specialist Meeting on Social Media Data Stewardship at Ryerson University in Toronto on July 27, 2017.
- [May 17]: Presented a talk at the Social Media Analytics Summit, UIUC.
- [May 17]: Poster accepted at the International Conference on Computational Social Science IC2S2 conference.
- [April 17]: Accepted to the QCRI summer internship program.
- [April 17]: Invited to attend the International Women's Day celebrations from Google Women Techmakers in Chicago,IL.
- [March 17]: Paper accepted at the 8th Annual International Conference on Social Media and Society (#SMSociety).
You can find me at: