What is resilience anyway?
What will resilience mean in 2030 and how can the arts and culture sector build a more resilient future?
Whether you love or hate the term ‘resilience’
...whether you think it’s a useful idea or not
...whatever it means to you (and even if it means nothing to you)
...we want to hear your thoughts!
Arts Council England is working with innovation agency Golant Media Ventures and The Audience Agency to explore these questions to help inform developments – ranging from policy to grant-giving – over the next 10 years. Whilst this review is working alongside the ‘public conversation’ around the Arts Council’s next ten-year strategy review, the two are separate and we would encourage you to engage with both.
We will be asking:
- What ‘resilience’ means to the arts and culture sector in England today
- Where organisations are succeeding in becoming more resilient – and how they’re doing it
- What insight and inspiration can be drawn from other countries and fields of study
- What sort of support arts and culture organisations will need in order to build resilience in the future
We will be doing this through:
- A literature review
- A survey (now closed)
- Workshops across England to engage stakeholders in the arts and culture sector
- ‘Sense-making sessions’ to share and get feedback on our conclusions
If you have questions, thoughts, or recommendations of evidence we should consider – or if you’d like to participate in our research – please get in touch with Golant Media Ventures via: firstname.lastname@example.org