Junior Olympics Youth Polo 2019
Yearly Plan 2018 -19
- Our goal is to organize athletes and families to attend National Junior Olympics in the Summer of 2019. Age divisions include 10U/12U/14U Boys and 10U/12U/14U Girls. The age cutoff date will be August 1, 2019 (e.g. player must not turn 13 prior to August 1, 2019 and still be considered a 12U for JO's). Most major tournaments throughout the year will have age groups based upon the players JO age. Typically, we would like to have teams of at least 10 players committed to practice and play together throughout the year.
- What is Junior Olympics? In club youth water polo, Junior Olympics is the highest level of play in our country for each age group. Teams from all over the USA compete over 4 days in July culminating with championship games on the final day.
- When is Junior Olympics 2019? Boys Session 1 will be July 20-23 and Girls Session 2 will be July 25-28 in 2019 in Orange County, CA.
- How do you sign up? Your athlete will need a Gold membership with USA Water Polo and complete the Age Verification process through www.usawaterpolo.org. Also, please communicate with coaches to develop a plan for your athlete specifically to prepare them for this level.
- While our primary goal for Fall/Spring/Summer Youth sessions is to teach the game and encourage athletes to develop a love for our great sport, offering a path to Junior Olympics is a great way for athletes and families to take the next step of club water polo with AGWP.
2018-19 Tournament/League Schedule
- Fall Ventura League - 3 Saturday league dates during the Fall TBD, League Tournament on Nov 17-18
- Evan Cousineau Memorial - October 13-14, 2018 (Irvine, CA)
- Ventura County Cup - December 8-9, 2018 (Ventura/Oxnard, CA)
- Santa Barbara Winter Cup - January 19-20, 2019 (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Clovis Rumble - January 26-27, 2019 (Clovis, CA)
- Kap7 International - February 9-10, 2019 (Irvine, CA)
- ODP National Championships (Aidan, Lucas, Jon, Jake, Zach) - March 1-3 (Riverside, CA
- Ventura League Date - March 2 (Oxnard, CA)
- Turbo Orange County Cup - March 9-10, 2019 (Irvine, CA)
- Ventura League Date - March 23 (Oxnard, CA)
- Ventura League Date - April 6 (Oxnard, CA)
- K7 Cup - April 13-14, 2019 (Irvine, CA)
- Ventura League Tournament - April 27-28 (Oxnard, CA)
- San Diego County Cup - May 3-5, 2019 (San Diego, CA)
- Orcutt/Ochoa Open - May 18-19 (Santa Maria, CA)
- Varsity Summer League - Tuesday Nights at Righetti HS (6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9)
- JV Summer League - Wednesday Nights at Righetti HS (6/12, 6/19, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9)
- Junior Olympic Qualification Tournament - June 20-21 (Clovis, CA)
- Clovis Zumo Tournament - June 29-30 (Clovis, CA)
- AG Summer Bash - July 6-7 (Arroyo Grande, CA)
- National Junior Olympics - Session 1 (Boys) July 20-23/Session 2 (Girls) July 25-28 (Orange Country, CA)
Please take the time to put these dates on your calendars and note which tournaments will require a hotel stay and travel. Some of the Santa Barbara or Ventura tournaments can be done without a hotel or with a maximum of one night (Saturday) in a hotel. Remember that while this is a busy schedule, it ends up being about one travel tournament per month from October to July. This provides consistency and exposure to many of the teams that will be competing in Junior Olympics.
Advanced Group Practice Schedule
- Monday @ AGHS 530-7pm (Water Polo)
- Tuesday @ AGHS 7-830pm (Swim) - Note: During the fall HS water polo season this practice may change depending on home/away games.
- Wednesday @ AGHS 7-830pm (Water Polo)
- Thursday @ AGHS 7-830pm (Water Polo)
- Saturday @ AGHS 8-930am (Swim with Coach Russell) - Note: This practice may move to Sunday depending on Saturday scheduling.
Olympic Development Camps
- Birth Year 2004 -- November 11 @ Merced, CA and December 9 @ Stockton, CA
- Birth Year 2005 and Younger -- November 18 @ Clovis, CA and December 15 @ Stockton, CA
- Note: Players need to only attend one of these camps