Asia Pacific Conference on Vision
- Annual meeting on vision research -
APCV 2020 postponed
The organization committee of South Korea for APCV 2020 has been carefully monitoring the ongoing spread of COVID-19 overseas, in South Korea, and in APCV membership countries, with the health, safety, and well-being of our conference attendees in mind. The ever-increasing scope and rapid dynamics of the global COVID-19 pandemic, and current (and expected) travel and other restrictions imposed on invited speakers and attendees made it almost impossible for us to prepare and hold the conference as scheduled. We have arrived at this difficult decision after consulting with speakers, vendors, funding providers, and gathering information from many health organizations and academic institutions.
We express our gratitude to the APCV council and the members of the countries planning to host the APCV meetings in the following years (Singapore and Australia) for understanding and supporting our decision and allow us to host the APCV2021 in South Korea.
We wish you all stay strong and in good health until we meet at APCV 2021.
Organization Committee for APCV 2020
- Hyun, Joo-Seok (Chung-Ang Univ.)
- Jung, Woo Hyun (Chungbuk Nat’l Univ.)
- Kang, Min-Suk (Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- Kim, Chai-Youn (Korea Univ.)
- Kim, Yee-Joon (Institute for Basic Science)
- Lee, Joonyeol (Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- Lee, Sang-Hun (Seoul Nat’l Univ., Chair)
- Shim, Won Mok (Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
Future and past APCV
- 18th APCV (2023) Sydney, Australia
- 17th APCV (2022) Singapore
- 16th APCV (
20202021) July 13-16(TBA), Seoul, Korea
- 15th APCV (2019) Osaka 大阪, Japan, http://visionsociety.jp/apcv2019/
- 14th APCV (2018) Hangzhou 杭州, China, http://www.apcv2018.org/
- 13th APCV (2017) Tainan 台南, Taiwan. http://apcv2017.conf.tw/
- 12th APCV (2016) Freemantle, Australia
- 11th APCV (2015) Singapore
- 10th APCV (2014) Takamatsu 高松, Japan. http://www.visionsociety.jp/apcv2014/
- 9th APCV (2013) Suzhou 蘇州, China
- 8th APCV (2012) Incheon 仁川, Korea. http://apcv2012.com/
- 7th APCV (2011) Hong-Kong 香港
- 6th APCV (2010) Taipei 台北, Taiwan. http://apcv2010.aoetek.com/
- 5th APCV (2008） Brisbane, Australia.
- 4th ACV (2006) Matsue 松江, Japan. http://vsf.sakura.ne.jp/forum2006/ACV2006/index.html
- 3rd ACV (2004) Chongqing 重慶, China
- 2nd ACV (2002) Gyeongju 慶州, Korea.
- 1st ACV (2001) Hayama 葉山, Japan.
APCV short history
APCV (formerly known by Asia Conference on Vision; ACV) was first organized by the Vision Society of Japan and the Vision Research Group in Korea in 2001. The purpose of having ACV was to stimulate, especially for young researchers, to discuss and communicate one another in the international conference, since in East Asia there had been no international vision specific conference, so vision researchers in East Asia had been suffering from difficulty to present their papers in an international conference. In 1999, Keiji Uchikawa (Chairman of the Vision Society of Japan) and Chan-Sup Chung (Chairman of the Vision Research Group in Korea) agreed with each other on having a new international vision conference held in Asia. After two-year preparing period ACV was, first, realized in Japan being supported by many people including Chinese vision researchers.
At the first conference held in Hayama, Japan, as ACV 2001, we have attendees only from two countries, Korea and Japan. After exciting experience in conferences in Gyeongju, Korea 2002 and Chongqing, China 2004, the second conference in Japan was held in Matsue in 2006. At the 5th conference in Brisbane, Australia 2008, the conference name changed to Asia-Pacific Conference on Vision (APCV) and the conference has covered larger region since then. After the conference in Taipei, Taiwan, 2010, APCV have been held annually.
APCV Council members
- David Crewther (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia)
- Mowei Shen (Zhejiang University, China)
- Hong Xu (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Pi-Chun Huang (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan)
- Kowa Koida (Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan)
- Sang-Hun Lee ( Seoul National University, Korea)
- Chia-Huei Tseng (Hong Kong University, Hong Kong)
- Chien-Chung Chen (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
- Choongkil Lee (Seoul National University, Korea) -2016
- Cong Yu (Peking University, China)
- Derek Arnold (University of Queensland)
- Li Li (University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
- Satoshi Shioiri (Tohoku University, Japan) -2016
- Shigang He (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Tian-De Shou (Fudan University)
- William Hayward (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Zaifeng Gao (Zhejiang University, China)
Founder of the ACV
- Chan-Sup Chung (Yonei University, Korea)
- Keiji Uchikawa (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
Edited by Kowa Koida (Toyohashi Univ. of Tech, Japan)