- Be a youth or young adult of our Parish between the ages of 16 - 39.
- Talk to your teachers.
- Make a WYD Commitment by Sunday, November 12, 2017 (for all travelling pilgrims)
- Passport by November 12, 2017. Remember this is a pilgrimage not a vacation or trip - but a passport is still required. Passports must be valid through August 2019.
- Good faith initial deposit ($50 per person by 11/12/17; over 2018 - $50/quarter = $250 total. Can be paid all upfront if someone wants to. This will be used towards your trip. (NO REFUNDS.)
- Community Service - 1 hour & 45 minutes a month (or 20 hours total) from August 1, 2017 - December 31, 2018 (no retro); Double dipping allowed (i.e. - for school). If youth are away at college, a process for verification of service will be used. Possible activities:
- St. James Feed the Neighbor
- Hunger Free Keiki
- Charity Walk
- Vacation Bible School
- Kid’s Word
- Altar Serving
- Eucharistic Minister
- Lector, etc. continued on back
- “YAW” - Youth & Young Adult Workdays. (See a leader for details.)
- If youth can’t make it; parents can do it for the youth
- Schedule two a month - and youth can sign up for one or two.
- Calendar will be available at monthly YG gatherings. Youth will sign up then.
- 1 hour & 45 minutes a month (or 20 hours total) YAW hours over the 17 months from now till WYD (breaks down to only 10 events)
- Youth can participate for full two hours, or fraction there of - in 30 minute blocks.
- If youth are away at college and unable to do all 20 YAW hours, a formula will be used to calculate how much money the family must contribute to make up for the YAW.
- Attend monthly AYG meetings - 1st Saturdays
- Attend at least 8
- Attend WYD planning meetings starting in January 2018
- Attend at least 10 (there will be 12)
- We will work around everyone’s schedules to make sure we have good attendance
- Attend pre-WYD retreat in January 2019
- We will work around everyone’s schedules to make sure everyone can attend.
If parents want to join us, they are
more than welcome to - at their own expense.
We will also do a two night
trip to Mexico City to visit the site of
Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Mexican
Pyramids & another couple of sites.
WYD 2019 Annunciation Flyer - Final - 2-8-18.pdf