Topic: Cyber security, Phishing, and Cyber rumor, Innovation diffusion, IT institutionalization, IS Business Value and IT Strategy,
Method: Econometric, HLM, SEM, Panel Analysis, Text Mining and Computationally-Intensive Theory Development (CITD)
Management Information Systems, University of Oklahoma (2016-2020 expected); GPA: 3.92Dissertation Topic: The Sprawling Online Grapevine: The Impact of Technology Affordances on Cyber Rumor Plausibility and Diffusion in Virtual Platforms Committee Chair: Dr. Matthew L. Jensen
M.S. Management Information Technology (MIT), University of Oklahoma 2015;
M.B.A Antai Business School, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2006
B.A., English Literature, Science and Technology University of Qing Dao
Manuscripts Submitted for Publication
1. Miranda, S., Wang, D., and Tian, A. "Order from Discord: Dialectical Structuring of Discourse in the Blockchain Field," (under 3rd round review, revision plan approved, MIS Quarterly ).
2. Tian, A., Nitiema, P., Santhanam, R., and Bharadwaj, A. "Why Information Technology Capability Still Matters? A Critical Role in Risk Mitigation," (under 2st rond review, submitted to MIS Quarterly).
3. Shaft, T., Tian, A., and Whang, S. "A Replication of Anxiety and Anger? Effects of Discrete Emotions on the Perceived Helpfulness of Online Reviews." (submitted to AIS Transactions on Replication Research)
Manuscripts under Development
1. Tian, A., Jensen, M. L., and Durcikova, A. 2018. "Variability in Phishing Susceptibility across Industries: The Differential Impact of Influence Techniques.” Data collected and analyzed, currently finalizing the manuscript. Target journal: Journal of Management Information Systems.
2. Nitiema, P., Tian, A., and Santhanam., R. "Information Technology Capability in Health Care Sector. " Data collected and analyzed, currently finalizing the manuscript. Target journal: Journal of the Association for Information Systems.
3. Tian, A., and Jensen, M. L. "The Differential Impact of Emotions on Inducing Phishing Susceptibility." Data collected and analyzed, currently finalizing the manuscript. Target journal: Journal of Management Information Systems.
4. Shaft, T., Tian, A., and Whang, S. "A Replication of Anxiety and Anger? Effects of Discrete Emotions on the Perceived Helpfulness of Online Reviews." Currently collecting data. Target journal: AIS Transactions on Replication Research.
5. Tian, A. "Unpacking the Diffusion Process of Cognitive Computing Technology." Currently collecting data.
Tian, A., and Santhanam, R. “The Effect of IT Capability on Firm Performance and Risk across Industries.” Currently collecting data.
1. Computer-based information system, database management, information security
2. Business data analytics (Stata, Python, VBA, R, Tableau)
3. Univariant, multi-level statistics (SPSS, STATA, HLM)
· Computer-based Information System (MIS 2113-02)
· Business-data Analytics (MIS3213-01)
Selected Ph.D. Courses
· MIT 5970 Data Analytics with Python
· SOC 6233 Advanced Sociological Statistics
· PSY 6063 Hierarchical Loglinear Models
Special Awards and Honors
· Price College of Business Outstanding Graduate Research Award (2018), the only awarded Ph.D. student in Price College of Business in 2018
· Presbyterian Health Foundation(PHF) Research Scholarship (2018,2019)
· Graduate Tuition Scholarship, competitively awarded based on research and teaching contributions (2014-2015, 2016-2019)
· Research Fellowship (2017, 2018, 2019)
· Cleo B Clemons Murney Scholarship (2018, 2019)
· MIS Master’s Student Scholarship, Price Business School, University of Oklahoma (2014, 2015)
· Michael F. Price Scholarship (2014, 2015)
· Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) Society 2015
· Chartered Financial Analyst I 2010 (CFA I)
· Employee Excellence Award, Société Générale S.A.(2009, 2010, 2011)
Professional Work Experience
· Teaching assistant/instructor (with full teaching responsibility), MIS Department, Price Business School, the University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 2017-2019
· Information Systems Analyst and Auditor, National Weather Center (NWC), Norman, OK. 2014
· Representative, Société Générale Corporate and Investment Bank, Shanghai Representative Office, China. 2006-2012