General Policies Costume and Prop Policies
- All attendees must register when they first arrive.
2. City, State and Federal Laws must be followed: If it’s a law outside of the convention, it’s a law within the convention as well.
3. Latex of any sort is not allowed on Drake property. The Drake area is considered a latex free zone due to severe latex related allergies.
4. There will be no derogatory language, gestures and/or harassment to any political or religious group, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origins, organizations, businesses and/or individuals tolerated.
5. Please be respectful to the buildings and campus premise, property and equipment. As well as the staff, presenters, vendors and equipment.
6. Do Not Litter: Trash bins are all around the convention center. Keep it clean!
7. Aside from service animals, pets and animals are not allowed.
8. For the safety of all the attendees roller skates, roller blades, heelys, skateboards, etc. are not allowed in the buildings. Non-recreational items such as strollers and wheelchairs are permitted with responsible use. An elevator is available.
9. No Soliciting: Unless you are a registered vendor you are NOT allowed to sell anything.
Anime Recharge has a zero-tolerance policy for all kinds of harassment, including but not limited to: stalking, intimidation, offensive verbal comments, physical assault and/or battery, harassing or non-consensual photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome physical attention.
1. Cosplays must be PG-13 at the most! Anime Recharge is an all-ages, family friendly event. No blatant nudity/adult related cosplays and no excessively gruesome, scary, or gory cosplays.
2. Drake University is a LATEX FREE ZONE. This means no latex is allowed at the convention due to students with anaphylaxis allergies to it.
3. Shoes are required at all times while at the convention.
4. No military replica cosplays, including uniforms that imitate American Law Enforcement or current American Military uniforms. Exceptions for individuals within the military wearing their respective uniforms may be worn however these individuals may be asked to show military identification.
5. Any cosplayers found breaking these rules will be asked to make adjustments to their cosplays to make them appropriate or the cosplayer will be asked to leave the convention. Staff have the right to deem a cosplay inappropriate and have the final say on all situations.
6. NO bladed weapons with any metal of any kind or size will be allowed.
7. NO real firearms and working projectile weapons are allowed.
8. NO realistic-looking firearms and realistic looking bladed weapons are allowed.
9. NO non-realistic looking firearms are allowed
10. All props must be peace-marked.
11. Attendees caught misusing their weapons or props will be asked to remove it from the convention site or the attendee will be asked to leave the convention.
12. The conventions staff and Drake Campus Security reserves the right to verify peace-bonding and peace-marking at anytime during the convention. Staff can also request inappropriate weapons or props be removed from the convention or the attendee will be asked to leave the convention.
13. Anime Recharge reserves the right to amend these policies without prior notice and any ruling made by Recharge Staff is final.