Social Media as a Tool to Provide Support
Presented at the La Leche League of Eastern PA Leader Enrichment Workshop on Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Overview of Social Media Networking in US
- Brief descriptions and uses of top used Social Media Networks in US
- Summary of LLL guidance for use of Social Media Networks
- Links to Social Media Accounts for LLLI and LLLUSA
Start with Facebook. Pages and Groups work in different ways.
Provide quality content. Pictures attract attention.
Interact and participate in conversations. Consider privacy concerns.
Share LLL posts in other groups as appropriate to reach a larger audience.
Adding Instagram can be an easy way to share content with just a few taps.
Zapier - automates sharing between apps (ex: Google Calendar to Facebook)
Repost app - quick way to save and share Instagram content
PicCollage app - allows creation of high quality text overlays on photos for posting on Social Media Networks
There are other similar apps that do the same jobs. Use what you like best.
Presented at the La Leche League of Eastern PA Area Conference on Sunday, October 23, 2016 and at the La Leche League of Eastern PA Leader Enrichment Workshop on Saturday, March 11, 2017.
- Overview of variety and uses for Online Resources
- LLL guidance for use of Online Resources
- Links to commonly used Online Resources
- In-depth descriptions and uses of Facebook features with screenshots and examples