The Alexander Technique Centre
Suite 110-809 W. 41st Ave Vancouver BC
Phone: 604 6171799
The Alexander Technique is a practical, self-care, educational method for improving awareness, movement and posture. It provides the tools to recognize our habits and patterns of responses so that we can change them. It emphasizes the relationship of the head, neck and back which is fundamental to improved use of the body.
Gaby Minnes Brandes, Ph.D., has been a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique since 1988. She is the owner of the Alexander Technique Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She was the founder and the co-director of the Vancouver School of the Alexander Technique, a CANSTAT certified teacher training program until the school closed in December 2018. Gaby is a member of CANSTAT, STAT, AmSAT and ATI.
- Invited workshop in Alexander Technique at the University of Calgary School of Creative and Performing Arts, open to students from Dance, Drama, and Music, November 2019
- Invited workshop in Alexander Technique with a focus on performance, Mount Royal University, Calgary, November 2019
- Workshop at the VSO School of Music, January 2020
- Actor, Observer, and Critic: How actor training in the Alexander Technique can inform the well-being of us all. Lecture Series organized by Capilano University, February 6, 2020, West Vancouver Memorial Library
- Flute Festival, Vancouver, May 2020
- Pender Island Flute Retreat, June 2020