The Alexander Technique Centre
Suite 110-809 W. 41st Ave Vancouver BC
Phone: 604 737 2818
The Alexander Technique is a practical, self-care, educational method for improving awareness, movement and posture. It provides the tools to recognize our habits and patterns of responses so that we can change them. It emphasizes the relationship of the head, neck and back which is fundamental to improved use of the body.
Gaby Minnes Brandes, Ph.D., has been a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique since 1988. She is the owner of the Alexander Technique Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She was the founder and the co-director of the Vancouver School of the Alexander Technique, a CANSTAT certified teacher training program until the school closed in December 2018. Gaby is a member of CANSTAT, STAT, AmSAT and ATI, and is the most recent Past President of the Canadian Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique.
- Invited workshop with String instrumentalists, Vancouver Music Academy, January 2019.
- Invited workshop at Valley View Funeral Home, February, 2019
- A series of workshops with Young Artists Program, Vancouver Opera, January-March
- A duet of piano pedagogy and Alexander Technique. A workshop with Jennifer Condie as a part of the conference Freedom to Make Music, NY February 17-19, 2019
- Flute Day with Rodrick Seed, Emma Shubin, Paul Hung, Alexandera Conway and Gaby Minnes Brandes, March 10, 2019
- Workshop for musicians and anyone interested in learning about AT with Evangeline Benedetti, cellist in NY Philharmonic and AT teacher. March 16, 2019
- Pender Island Flute Retreat, with William Bennett, Lorna McGhee and Gwen Klassen & Gaby Minnes Brandes, June 2019