The Alexander Technique Centre
Suite 110-809 W. 41st Ave Vancouver BC
Phone: 604 737 2818
The Alexander Technique is a practical, self-care, educational method for improving awareness, movement and posture. It provides the tools to recognize our habits and patterns of responses so that we can change them. It emphasizes the relationship of the head, neck and back which is fundamental to improved use of the body.
Gaby Minnes Brandes, Ph.D., has been a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique since 1988. She is the owner of the Alexander Technique Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She is the co-director of the Vancouver School of the Alexander Technique, a CANSTAT certified teacher training program. Gaby is a member of CANSTAT, STAT, AmSAT and ATI, and currently serves as President of the Canadian Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique.
- Singing with efficiency using Alexander Technique, VSO School of Music, February 2018
- A workshop for piano teachers, Showcase Academy, March 12
- Flute Day with Rodrick Seed, Emma Shubin and Gaby Minnes Brandes, April 14
- Pender Island Flute Retreat, with William Bennett, Lorna McGhee and Gwen Klassen & Gaby Minnes Brandes, June 24-July 1
- ALIVEBODY: Grotowski workshop, a 10 day immersive physical acting workshop with Raina von Waldenburg, Wendy vanden Heuvelan, and Gabriella Minnes Brandes (visiting instructor for two days), on Bowen Island, July 17-27, 2018. For more info: ALIVEBODY.ca