Dear Parents and Students:
We hope you all had a great summer! Our 2018-19 school year will start on September 8. Here is some helpful information to get ready for the year.
First day of school
- School hours are 9:15 am – 12:15 pm (pre-school class 9:30-12:00). All teachers, students and parents will meet in the school gymnasium (2nd floor) upon arrival.
- * After a brief assembly, parents are invited to their children’s classrooms to meet and greet with the teachers. Parents who have more than one child may want to start with class of the youngest child.
What to bring to school
- Learning materials: Students should always come to school with all books, pencils, erasers and crayons (if needed). A set of textbook and exercise books will be provided to students. Please remind your child to take good care of their learning materials. A fee will be charged for the replacement of any of the school’s supplies.
- Student Handbook (Agenda): Regular communications between parents and teachers are essential to a child’s learning. Teachers may let parents know of student’s learning via the Agenda or email. Please check and initial your child’s agenda every week or reply to the email to acknowledge that you have read the message.
- Snacks: Students have a 15 minute break each day. Please pack water bottle and a nutritious, nut-free snack for your child.
If your child has to miss school, please inform the teacher or the school by email, or by calling the school at 403-271-8033. For your convenience, the school’s number is forwarded to a cell phone on school days so you can reach us more efficiently.
Leaving the school premises
Students should be picked up by parents at the end of school day. If you give your child permissions to leave the school premises on his/her own, please indicate that by signing the first page in the Student Handbook or sending an email to us in the first week of school. Furthermore, if your child must leave school early for any reason, please obtain an Early Departure Note from the teacher.
School calendar is available on our website: www.albertachungwahschool.ca and can be downloaded to your smart phone for your convenience. Hard copies are available at school as well. Please make note of the Remembrance Day weekend (November 10th), it will a school day rather than a day off.
Thank you for choosing Alberta Chung Wah School for your child’s Chinese learning. If you know of any one who would be interested in learning Chinese, it’s still not too late to register. New students can try out our classes for two weeks before deciding. I look forward to seeing you all on September 8th.
- 學生手冊：家長與老師的定期溝通對學生的學習尤為重要。老師會通過 手冊或電郵告知家長每週所學及作業。請家長每週檢查手冊并簽名，如有問題亦請用手冊與教師聯絡。若老師以電郵取代手冊，請回覆電郵以示獲釋信息。
校長 吳雪瑩 謹啟
© 2017-2018 Alberta Chung Wah School 亞省中華學校