Important Dates Coming Up
2nd 1/2 sponsorship obligations - due NO LATER than March 30th - Jemison Rodeo
- Ads must be submitted no later than April 5th. Please send only by email! email@example.com
- Ads should be in a Word document, PDF, or picture file (jpg, png, etc) - please proof your file before sending to be sure it isn't grainy.
AJRA STATE FINALS INFORMATION
State Finals T-Shirt Design Contest - Submit your ideas/drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th! The board will vote on the winner at the Jemison Rodeo!
Finals Entries and Information Google Form - Online entries for the finals will open on March 25th and close on April 5th
Finals Money Due - You can pay this at the Jemison Rodeo OR send through mail. Must be postmarked by Friday, April 12th.
Report Card Check - please send an updated report card after 3rd 9 weeks to email@example.com. (Please do not text or send through Remind for this one)
A Few Notes about State Finals
The link for State Finals Registration will open on March 25th. You will need to include a lot of information in this link, so I want to give you a heads-up:
- Stalls and Hookups (number needed) and if you need shavings (1 bag is automatically included with each stall) - all horses staying overnight must be stalled.
- T-shirt sizes (members will get a t-shirt as part of their packet but family members can also order them too. We usually only order what is requested)
- Western Shirt Sizes for contestants
- Number of meal tickets you will need to the Awards Banquet on Saturday Night (these must be ordered in advance)- Contestants eat free.
- Contestant's favorite song (to be played at dance)
- Each event is $60 for the entire finals weekend (includes 2 go's and short go for the top 10)
State Finals Rodeo is two go's and a short go. The Short-Go Round consists of the top 10 contestants in that event. The running order for the first round is drawn randomly and the second round is reverse order. The short go is ran 10th place to 1st place.
Short Schedule of Events (a more formal/specific schedule will be posted at a later date once details are confirmed- this is subject to change)
- Wednesday, May 29th
- Queen's Contest
- Early Check-in 5-7pm at arena office
- Thursday, May 30th
- Check-in at arena office (early morning)
- Mandatory Contestants Meeting
- 1st Go : Rodeo Performance 10am
- 8th grade dinner
- Friday, May 31st
- 2nd Go : Rodeo Performance 10am
- General Membership Meeting : election of 2019-2020 Officers/Directors, vote on rule changes
- Contestant's Dance
- Saturday, June 1st
- Short Go (Top 10 in each event) : Rodeo Performance at 10am
- Awards Banquet and Dinner