Dr. Akhileshwar Jha, F.R.C.S.(Edin.), M.S. (Pat.), M.B.B.S.( Pat.) , Laser Cert. (U.S.A. /U.K.)
Senior Consultant Urologist
Dr Akhileshwar Jha FRCS (Edinburgh, UK), MS, MBBS
Dr Akhileshwar Jha is a Senior Consultant Urologist with over 40 years of surgical experience and training in UK, Saudi Arabia, USA and India.
Dr. Jha has been a Senior Consultant and Head of Department across various teaching hospitals in Europe, India and the Middle-East. He has special and current interests in Prostate Surgery, Kidney Stone, Ureter Stone and Bladder Stone Surgery, Paediatric and Neonatal Urology, Cancer Surgery, Endoscopic Urology, Laser Surgery, Trauma, female Gynaecological Urology, Andrology and male infertility and impotence.
He is a frequent presenter and active member of the Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU France) and has published his experiences in international journals and forums. As a Training Director responsible for training younger Urologists and FRCS surgical trainees he has a firm commitment to up-to- date techniques that enhance patient care and recovery.
- Bladder & Kidney Cancer Surgery
- Endoscopic Urology (Adult and Paediatric)
- Renal Stone Surgery
- Holmium Laser Applied to Urology
- Female Gynaecological Urology
Surgery (V.V.F. repair)
- KTP Greenlight Laser
Photoselective Vaporisation of BPH (UK & USA Cert.)
- Prostate Surgery
- Male Infertility and Impotence
- Urological Trauma Surgery &
Urological Trauma in
- Paediatric and Neonatal Urology
- Hypospaedius Repairs
● KTP Greenlight Laser Training and Certification, London,UK & USA
● F.R.C.S., Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh), Scotland, United Kingdom
● M.S. (General Surgery), Prince Of Wales Medical College, Patna, India
● M.B.B.S., Prince Of Wales Medical College, Patna, India
Other operations performed regularly:
● Total Cystectomy
● Radical Nephrectomy (for cancer cases)
● Extensive range of Stone surgeries, including: Extended Pyelonephrolithotomy, Ureterolithotomy, Cystolithotomy, Retropubic Prostatectomy, Diverticulectomy, Ureteroneocystostomies, Urethroplasty, Augmentation Cystoplasty, Pyloplasty V.V.F. repair, along with routine management and trauma cases and Post-Bilharzial Urological cases.
● Neonatology cases: Neonatal urology and Paediatric urology common as congenital anomalies. A very high number of Hypospaedius, Ectopiavsicae, Neonatal Pyloplasties,
Antireflux Procedures and Cancer Surgeries.
● T.U.R. of Prostate, Bladder Tumour and Bilharziomas, Fulguration of Posterior Urethral valve, Deroofing of Ureteroceles, P.C.N.L. Internal Urethrotomies, and Ureteroscopy.