Amanda J. Williamson
I am a PhD Candidate at the Institute of Work Psychology, University of Sheffield, UK. I am currently in Chile on an international research visit, at the Department of Systems and Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
My area of research relates to the antecedents and consequences of affect in early stage entrepreneurship. More broadly, I am interested in research that intersects the disciplines of entrepreneurship/strategy and psychology, and that utilises novel research methods.
Previous to the PhD, I worked as a Research Assistant at the former New Zealand Centre for small and medium-size enterprise research, and as a project manager for innovation research. I am currently a recipient of a doctoral scholarship award, and I hold top student awards from Massey University New Zealand, where I graduated on the Dean's List, in the highest five per cent of students, earned first class honours (US equivalent of Summa Cum Laude) and a master’s degree in entrepreneurship.
I am affiliated with the following research centres:
Please feel free to reach out with any comments.
- Williamson, A. J., Battisti, M., Leatherbee, M., & Gish, J. J. (in-press). Rest, zest and my innovative best: Sleep and mood as drivers of entrepreneurs’ innovative behavior. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice (accepted for publication).
[pdf](JCR SJR 2017 3.65, Q1)
- Williamson, A. J., Ferri, C., & Battisti, M. (2018, December). Entrepreneurial anger, fear and sadness. Paper presented at the ANZAM Conference. Wellington, New Zealand.
- Williamson, A. J., Ferri, C., & Battisti, M. (2018, November). Towards a taxonomy of entrepreneurial affective events. Paper accepted at the RENT XXXII conference: Sustainable entrepreneurship: A win-win strategy for the future. Toledo, Spain.
- Williamson, A. J., Battisti, M., & Hu, X. (2018, November). When reality erodes entrepreneurial passion. Paper presented at the RENT XXXII conference: Sustainable entrepreneurship: A win-win strategy for the future. Toledo, Spain.
- Williamson, A. J., & Battisti, M. (2016, September). Waking up on the innovative side of the bed. Paper presented at the 30th British Academy of Management conference: Thriving in Turbulent Times. Newcastle, UK.
- Williamson, A. J., Bledow, R., Battisti, M., & Leatherbee, M. (2016, June). Moody yet innovative: The role of daily affective change on innovation. Paper presented at the 2016 IWP Conference on Work, Well-being and Performance. Sheffield, UK.
- Williamson, A. J. & Battisti, M. (2015). Affect as a predictor of innovative behaviour in entrepreneurship. Paper presented at the 28th Annual SEAANZ Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Battisti, M. & Williamson, A. J. (2015). The role of intermediaries in the small business transfer process. Small Enterprise Research, 22 (1), 32-48. DOI: 10.1080/13215906.2015.1022129. Link: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/13215906.2015.1022129
- Battisti, M., & Williamson, A. J. (2012). The role of intermediaries in the small business transfer process. In T. Volery, U. Fueglistaller, T. Zellweger, & W. Weber (Eds.), In search of a dynamic equilibrium: exploring and managing tensions in entrepreneurship and SMEs. KMU Verlag HSG, St.Gallen, Switzerland: Rencontres de St-Gall, Swiss Research Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship. Link: http://www.kmu-hsg.ch/rencontres2012/resources/Topic_B/Rencontres_2012_Topic_B_Battisti_Williamson.pdf
- Williamson, A. J., Lewis, K., & Massey, C. (2011). Work-life balance in small business: the impact of firm and family milestones. In A. Lundström (Ed.), The 56th Annual ICSB World Conference: Changes in Perspectives of Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation (pp. 1–16). Stockholm, Sweden: 56th Annual ICSB World Conference. Link: http://www.academia.edu/1136224/Work-Life_Balance_in_Small_Business_The_Impact_of_Firm_and_Family_Milestones
- Williamson, A. J. (2009). Work-life balance & New Zealand SME owner-managers (unpublished research report). Massey University. Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand.
Recent reviewer activities
- 2018 Applied Psychology: An International Review
- 2017 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research (ad hoc)
- 2016 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research (ad hoc)
- 2016 British Academy of Management (BAM) conference: Reviewer for the entrepreneurship track.
- 2016 Australian New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference. Competitive paper and interactive paper reviewer on topics relating to organisational behaviour & entrepreneurship.
- 2015 ACERE (Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Exchange). Full paper reviewer.
- Introduction to Management
Guest lecturer in:
- Small Business
- Human Resource Management