Amanda J. Williamson
Hello, thanks for stopping by! I am a Doctoral Researcher at the Institute of Work Psychology, University of Sheffield, UK.
I am at the tail-end of a doctorate, that explores the link between entrepreneurial affect and new venture opportunity change. I am particularly interested in research that intersects the disciplines of psychology and entrepreneurship, and that utilises novel research methods.
Previously, I worked as a Research Assistant at the (then named) New Zealand Centre for small and medium-size enterprise (SME) research, and as a project manager for innovation research in Chile. I am currently a recipient of a doctoral scholarship award, and I hold top student awards from Massey University New Zealand, where I graduated on the Dean's List, in the highest five per cent of students, earned first class honours and a master’s degree in entrepreneurship.
I am affiliated with the following research centres:
- Institute of Work Psychology
- EPIC lab (evidenced-based policy and innovation research lab)
- Núcleo Milenio Research Center in Entrepreneurial Strategy Under Uncertainty
Please feel free to reach out with any comments.
- Williamson, A. J., Ferri, C., & Battisti, M. (2018, November). Towards a taxonomy of entrepreneurial affective events. Paper to be presented at the RENT XXXII conference: Sustainable entrepreneurship: A win-win strategy for the future. Toledo, Spain.
- Williamson, A. J., Battisti, M., & Hu, X. (2018, November). When reality erodes passion. Paper to be presented at the RENT XXXII conference: Sustainable entrepreneurship: A win-win strategy for the future. Toledo, Spain.
- Williamson, A. J., & Battisti, M. (2016, September). Waking up on the innovative side of the bed: Daily entrepreneurial behaviour as a result of high activated moods and good sleep. Paper presented at the 30th British Academy of Management conference: Thriving in Turbulent Times. Newcastle, UK.
- Williamson, A. J., Bledow, R., Battisti, M., & Leatherbee, M. (2016, June). Moody yet innovative: The role of daily affective change on the innovative work behaviour of entrepreneurs. Paper presented at the 2016 IWP Conference on Work, Well-being and Performance. Sheffield, UK.
- Williamson, A. J. & Battisti, M. (2015). Affect as a predictor of innovative behaviour in entrepreneurship. Paper presented at the 28th Annual SEAANZ Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Battisti, M. & Williamson, A. J. (2015). The role of intermediaries in the small business transfer process. Small Enterprise Research, 22 (1), 32-48. DOI: 10.1080/13215906.2015.1022129. Link: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/13215906.2015.1022129
- Battisti, M., & Williamson, A. J. (2012). The role of intermediaries in the small business transfer process. In T. Volery, U. Fueglistaller, T. Zellweger, & W. Weber (Eds.), In search of a dynamic equilibrium: exploring and managing tensions in entrepreneurship and SMEs. KMU Verlag HSG, St.Gallen, Switzerland: Rencontres de St-Gall, Swiss Research Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship. Link: http://www.kmu-hsg.ch/rencontres2012/resources/Topic_B/Rencontres_2012_Topic_B_Battisti_Williamson.pdf
- Williamson, A. J., Lewis, K., & Massey, C. (2011). Work-life balance in small business: the impact of firm and family milestones. In A. Lundström (Ed.), The 56th Annual ICSB World Conference: Changes in Perspectives of Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation (pp. 1–16). Stockholm, Sweden: 56th Annual ICSB World Conference. Link: http://www.academia.edu/1136224/Work-Life_Balance_in_Small_Business_The_Impact_of_Firm_and_Family_Milestones
- Williamson, A. J. (2009). Work-life balance & New Zealand SME owner-managers (unpublished research report). Massey University. Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand.
Recent reviewer activities
- 2017 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research (ad hoc)
- 2016 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research (ad hoc)
- 2016 British Academy of Management (BAM) conference: Reviewer for the entrepreneurship track.
- 2016 Australian New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference. Competitive paper and interactive paper reviewer on topics relating to organisational behaviour & entrepreneurship.
- 2015 ACERE (Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Exchange). Full paper reviewer.
- Introduction to Management
Guest lecturer in:
- Small Business
- Human Resource Management