Design and miTIGation of issues
in micro-grid using homer and pv-syst
AICTE SPONSORED FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
NOVEMBER 13 - 29, 2017
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Easwari Engineering College
Ramapuram, Bharathi Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600089
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Easwari Engineering College, a unit of SRM Group of Educational Institutions for higher learning is functioning under “Valliammai Society”. The society was founded in the year 1975, for promoting the cause of Quality Education, by Thiru T.R.Paarivendhar, an Academician and Educationist. EEC instituted in the academic year 1996‐1997, with the Approval of AICTE, New Delhi. The college is affiliated to Anna University, since 2002. The courses have been accredited by NBA, NAAC and AICTE, New Delhi and are periodically reviewed.
College offers Eight Under-Graduate and Six Post-Graduate Programs covering Engineering & Technology, Computer Applications and Management. The college has a strong Industry‐Interaction with reputed National and International organizations. The College has obtained ISO 9001:2008 Certification from TUV South Asia.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
In recent decades, smart grid has become increasingly attractive to both energy producers and consumers. Amongst the main challenges for the successful realization of smart grid includes the integration of renewable energy resources, real time demand response and management of intermittent energy resources. Apart from smart grid, the development of micro-grids should take into consideration of issues such as the system performance, modeling, monitoring and controlling of the micro-grids.
The scope of the programme is to facilitate the effective development of the future micro-grid system and to enhance the knowledge about smart grids features and highlights the recent development of micro-grid using different softwares.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- To enhance knowledge about different architectures of smart grid and micro grid
- To create awareness about smart energy and clean energy
- To know the recent advancements in Smart Grid technologies
- To understand the variety of problems and challenges in the field of Smart Grid & micro grid
- To understand the different role of Smart Grid & micro grid and to understand the grid connected generation system
- To illustrate the concept of Distributed generation.
- To analyze the impact of grid integration.
- To design and simulate Micro‐Grid and its configuration using Homer and PVSyst.
The Programme is designed to cover the following topics in depth by expert lectures and industrial visits.
- Basics of Micro-Grids
- Two Way Digital Communication Paradigm
- Introduction to PVSyst and HOMER software packages.
- Demand Response in Micro-Grids and various generation patterns associated with them
- Optimization of various models in HOMER.
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Site selection of Solar PV system design and 3D shadow modeling using PVSyst
- Distributed Storage and Reserves
- Micro-Grid Measurements and Fault Analysis
- Modeling various generating stations and storage system using HOMER Optimizer
- Economics, Market Operations and Payback period.
- Impact of Grid Integration of AC and DC Micro-Grids
- Stability Analysis tools for Micro-Grid using HOMER
- Government Policy Frameworks favoring Micro-Grids
As the programme is sponsored by AICTE, there is no registration fees.
- Dr. T. R. Paarivendhar, Founder Chairman
- Dr. R. Shivakumar, MD, Ph.D., Chairman (Ramapuram and Trichy Campus)
- Dr.T.Sridhar , Director General
- Dr. K. Kathiravan, Principal
- Dr. L. Antony Michael Raj, Vice Principal (Admin)
- Dr. E. Kaliappan, Professor & Head
- Dr. R. Karpagam, Associate Professor
- Prof. A. Joseline Metilda , Associate Professor
- Prof. M. Devabrinda, Associate Professor
- Dr. K. Kalai Selvi, Professor
- Dr. K. Mala, Professor
- Dr. R. Madhusudanan, Professor
- Prof. M. Padma Priya, Associate Professor
- Prof. P. Marish Kumar, Associate Professor
- Prof. D. chandrakala, Associate Professor
- Prof. J. Lydia, Assistant Professor
- Prof. K. V. Thilagar, Assistant Professor
- Prof. K. A. Indu Sailaja, Assistant Professor
- Prof. Xavier H Rajadurai, Assistant Professor
- Prof. P. Pushpakarthick, Assistant Professor
- Prof. P. Senthil Kumar, Assistant Professor
- Prof. V. Vijeesh, Assistant Professor
- Prof. R. Keerthana, Assistant Professor
- Prof. B. Ponkarthika, Assistant Professor
- Prof. E. Priya, Assistant Professor
- Prof. G. Vignesh, Assistant Professor
- Prof. G. Malathy, Assistant Professor
- Prof. S. P. Baby Shynela, Assistant Professor
- Prof. N. J. Merlin Mary, Assistant Professor
Prof. A. Joseline Metilda,Associate Professor,
Department of EEE,
Easwari Engineering College,
Bharathi Salai, Ramapuram,
Chennai - 600 089.
Tel No. 044 - 4392 3027
Mobile No. - 9677142870, 9962387793,9500197684