LIttle Shop of Horrors
Ashland High School Theatrical Society
2019 Winter Production
Little Shop of Horrors
Book and Lyrics by Howard Ashman Music by Alan Menken
Based on the film by Roger Corman
Screenplay by Charles Griffith
A deviously delicious Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical, Little Shop Of Horrors has devoured the hearts of theatre goers for over 30 years. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Disney's The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, and Aladdin) are the creative geniuses behind what has become one of the most popular shows in the world.
The meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant he names "Audrey II" - after his coworker crush. This foul, R&B-singing carnivore promises unending fame and fortune to the down and out Krelborn as long as he keeps feeding it, BLOOD. Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II's out of this world origins and intent towards global domination!
Friday, March 1 at 7 PM
Saturday, March 2 at 7 PM
Sunday, March 3 at 2PM
Directed by David E. Harrington
Musical Direction: Kim Whiteley Choreography: Denise Sullivan
Scenic and Sound Design: David E. Harrington
Technical, Lighting, Costume and Makeup Direction: David E. Harrington
Stage Manager: Justin Madison
Assistant Director: Cole Hebb
Student Costume Designer: Anne Fejer
Student Lighting Designer: Toby Finke
Assistant to the Scenic Designer: Lauren Burke
Deputy Stage Manager: Anna Giorgio
Student Technical Director: Kaitlyn Ivory
Sound Board: Matthew Ducharme
- Spot Light Operator: Armando Libier
House Manager: Hallie Ivory
Box Office Managers: Lindsey Krasner
The Audrey II Band
Conductor: Kim Whiteley
(In Order of Appearance)
Audrey II (Manipulation)-
Audrey II (Voice)-
Based on the film by Roger Corman, Screenplay by Charles Griffith. Originally produced by the WPA Theatre (Kyle Renick, Producing Director) Originally produced at the Orpheum Theatre, New York City by the WPA Theatre, David Geffen, Cameron Mackintosh and the Shubert Organization
Little Shop of Horrors Is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
- Auditions: Tuesday, November 27 at 3 PM; Callbacks: Wednesday, November 28 at 3 PM
- Students will not be cast or placed in a crew position if their Audition/Crew Forms are not in. Click here to download the form.
- Casting: 11-15
The Audition Process will be guided by the following principals:
- Students will not be excluded from being cast simply because they are inexperienced.
- The casting procedures will be professional and respectful—keeping in mind all actors face rejection all the time, and feel it.
- All students are welcome to audition.
- Everyone can act, and does so every single day.
Anyone with a grain of compassion hates auditions. You know that you are going to hurt someone’s feelings, no matter what you do. Unfortunately, no one has ever found a better way to cast a play. You have to audition. There are many audition methods built around answering particular questions. This audition requires a prepared song.
Anyone auditioning will sing a song from the show. Songs must be memorized. Choose a song from the choices given that are most appropriate to your range and temperament. Prepare your song in advance. The audition should be an artful display of your acting and singing ability. Accompanying your when you audition will be a recording.
We will look for four things when you audition:
- Showing off your ability as a singer.
- Demonstrating your abilities as a musician.
- Using your skills as an actor.
- Showing off your ability to carry a role.
We will post song choices in November.
Posted will be the audition material. The material includes:
- Vocal Score for audition songs.
- Scenes from the script that contain the audition songs and the play synopsis.
- Karaoke tracks for practicing.
Anyone auditioning will need to print and download relevant material needed for the audition. AHSTS does not provide copies unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Framework of Auditions
- Auditions will be open only to those auditioning.