Golf Carts will be available for rental again this year. Call (478)-472-8565 to reserve.
- Friday wear purple for pancreatic cancer
- Saturday - BLACK OUT
The Southeastern Showdown has been designated as a NHSRA Western Legacy Series Rodeo. This means that the NHSRA will supplement each rodeo in the series with $10,000. GHSRA will use this money (and add 1,000) to it as added money. $1,000 will be added to each High School event. All of this money will be paid out to contestants. GHSRA will not retain or use any of the money.
You must be a NHSRA member to compete in any of the Southeastern Showdown events or Qualifier. All onsite entries will be cash only.
- The Southeastern Showdown will also be a Junior American Qualifier in Barrels, Team Roping, Calf Roping, Breakaway and Steer Wrestling. You will enter on site before you run for everything except Barrels. You will qualify by NHSRA rules on the 2 runs total. You must be entered in the Southeastern Showdown to enter the Qualifier.
- Barrels--Enter thru betterbarrelraces.com follow Jr American link. Entries will be open Oct 7 thru 5pm central Nov. 7. Results will be taken on the first run. No onsite entries.
- Tie down, steer wrestling, team roping, and breakaway--Enter onsite, cash only. Fees are 250.00 and must have a Jr American card ($100). Results will be taken on the aggregate of the 2 runs. You must enter before your first run.
*All Jr American entries must be entered in the Southeastern Showdown High School Rodeo; Questions ? Ronnie Haslerig 423-596-0963
- A Breakaway roping, open to all High School and Junior High School contestants, boys & girls is being planned for Friday at 2pm. Friends of AQHA Breakaway, Enter on site 12;45--$100.00, cash only $20 discount with proof of AQHYA membership--enter twice with a different horse. Long go by back $75.00. Long go for all, semi finals will take top 8 and 2 wild cards from the catches in long round, finals will be top 4. Clean slate in each round, no aggregate. all 3 goes pay, winner gets $1000.00. Must catch to get check. Will rope slow to fastest time in semi and finals. Award to fast time of the roping. NHSRA Rules
CHRISTMAS TOYS – Toys will again be collected, this year for the Perry Volunteer Outreach. Christmas will be right around the corner and we can make a difference to a child who would not perhaps otherwise have a present on Christmas morning. Toys will be collected and displayed at the arena entrance; if you can help it will be appreciated.
HORSE HEALTH PAPERS – Be sure you have a NEGATIVE COGGINS on your horse. Also, check with your state regarding health papers required when crossing state lines, to and from the rodeo.
ORDER OF EVENTS – Bareback, Goat Tying, Saddle Bronc, Tie-Down Roping, Breakaway Roping, Steer Wrestling, Barrel Racing, Team Roping, Pole Bending and Bull Riding. **Depending on the amount of entries in Bareback and Saddle Bronc these 2 events may be run at the same time with Goat Tying to follow. There will be no slack in Bareback or Saddle Bronc, Steer Wrestling slack will depend on the number of entries received and will run after Breakaway Roping in the slack. Bull Riding Slack will depend on the number of entries received. If Bull Riding slack is needed it will be the first event in slack on Saturday and Sunday morning at 7am
CHURCH SERVICE – There will be a church service held on Sunday, 8:00 am at the arena
GRAND ENTRY – We will have a grand entry at both performances. The themes for the grand entries will be posted on the GHSRA website. Please bring something appropriate for these grand entries. Sponsor Flags, Queens, and States will be presented at each Grand Entry. NO air horns are allowed in Reeves Arena.
SPECIAL GROUND RULES –
1. Thirty (30) second time limits will be in effect for all times events.
2. In all roping events, the one loop rule will be in effect.
3. Western attire is required for contestants at all times in Reaves Arena along with your back number.
AWARDS will be given to the average winners in each event and All Around Cowboy and All Around Cowgirl. Event winners will receive Gist Buckles and All Around Cowboy and Cowgirl will receive Gist Buckles and gift certificate for Corral Boots . Event reserve winners will receive Cinch Jeans gift certificates. In case of a tie for event champions, awards will be duplicated for winners and Reserve champion ties will be broken by a flip of a coin.
JACKPOT – Jackpot will be paid on each go. The money for the first go will be ready to pick up 1 hour after the 1st go is completed. The money for the second go will be ready to pick up within 30 minutes of the event completing. If you are not going to be present on Sunday afternoon we can mail your money to you or send it via your State designee.
ADMISSION – Contestants are free with back number. Advance weekend admission armbands can be purchased on the pre order form attached for $15.00. Armbands purchased in advance will be available for pick up at the arena entry door from the barns during each performance. Children 12 and under admitted free. Admission at the door will be $8.00 per day. Each State will receive 4 rodeo personnel passes. Advance purchase must be received by GA no later than Friday, November 1, 2019.