Our Junior ROTC unit was established in 1972. Over the past 45 years we have grown to offer high school students a wide variety of challenges and benefits that other courses cannot, while providing an education that parallels what is taught in courses such as Science, History, English, and more. Our goal is to build better and more productive citizens. For those currently in JROTC, there are many extracurricular activities you could be a member of such as:
- Drill Team
- Color Guard
- Flag Detail
- Athletic Club
- Kitty Hawk Air Society (KHAS)
- Awareness Presentation Team (APT)
- Model Rocketry/Aviation Club
- Community Service
We hope to see you in our program and in one of our many teams and clubs!!
The US Air Force recently commemorated their 70th birthday!! We celebrated with cake, drinks, and the singing of the Air Force song!
Join our remind! Text @corps18 to 81010!
Our program follows the Core Values of the United States Air Force, which is a moral code that is etched into our cadets. The three Core Values are Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence in All We Do. Moreover, students in our program are held to the cadet creed which states, "We will not lie, steal or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does." Below is a more in-depth view of each Core Value:
- Integrity First- An unfaltering devotion to honesty, truthfulness, doing one's duty, and doing what is right.
- Service Before Self- Putting the needs of others and the group above your own.
- Excellence in All We Do- Surpassing the standard and excelling in everything you chose to do.