Aditya Dental College, Beed
Eligibility and Selection Criteria to BDS Course
Ø Intake capacity - 100
Ø The selection of a candidate to Aditya Dental College & Hospital, Beed shall be on merit based on entrance test conducted by NEET. You can visit the official NEET website for further details.
Ø After NEET result is out, Maharashtra Government will conduct online counselling for admission to BDS. You can keep yourself updated about the counselling on their site.
Fee structure for year 2019-20: 4,00,000/- per year
- No refund of fee is provisioned for on withdrawal/ cancellation of admission.
- The admission shall be considered cancelled if the student doesn't report to the College within the prescribed time.
- At the time of admission, the selected candidate has to fill an admission form and will be provided an instruction manual which is to be strictly followed during the stay at the college campus and during the entire course.
- In case the candidate fails to submit the required documents, admission shall be treated as cancelled and no request for refund of fees shall be entertained.
- The decision of the Principal of Aditya Dental College will be final and binding.
B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
1. Duration of the course.
- Undergraduate dental training programme leading to B.D.S. degree shall be 4 years with 1 year of rotating Internship .
- Every student shall have minimum 75% attendance in theory classes and 80% in practical classes separately, Any student falling short of this, will not be permitted to appear for the university examinations.
3. Subjects of study and Examination.
- First year B.D.S.
- General Human Anatomy including Embryology & Histology.
- General Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Nutrition & Diabetics.
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology & oral Histology.
- Second year B.D.S.
- General and Dental Pharmacology & therapeutics
- General Pathology & Microbiology
- Dental Materials
- Pre-clinical Prosthodontics, crown & Bridge
- Pre-clinical conservative Dentistry
Third year B.D.S.
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology & Oral Microbiology
Fourth year B.D.S.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Oral Maxilofacial surgery
- Prosthodontics Dentistry
- Conservative Dentistry
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Community & public Health Dentistry
- Internal Assessment Examinations
These Exams are conducted 3 times in an academic year 10% of the total marks in each subject for both theory and practical’s should be set for Internal Assessment Examinations.
- University Examinations.
The final examinations are conducted at the end of the academic year by the University. Any student who does not clear the First B.D.S. University Examination in all subjects with in 3 years from the date of Admission, shall be discharged from the course.
Any candidate who fails in one subject in an Examination is permitted to go to the next higher class and appear for the subject and complete it successfully before he is permitted to appear for the next higher examinations.
University Examinations are conducted twice a year May/June and November/December.
- The written Examination in each subject shall consist of one paper of three hours duration and shall have maximum marks of 70.
- In the subjects of physiology and Biochemistry and Pathology & Microbiology each paper will be divided into two parts, A and B equal marks.
- The question paper will contain different types of questions like essay, short answer and multiple choice questions.
- The Practical/ clinical Examinations are conducted by two Examiners, one Internal and one External Examiner appointed by the University. Each candidate will be evaluated by each Examiner independently and marks computed at the end of the examination.
Viva-Voce (ORAL EXAMINATION)
In the oral examination each examiner will assess the student independently and twenty marks are exclusively allotted and these are divided equally amongst the Examiners i.e. 10 marks per Examiner.
Marks Distribution in Each Subject
Each subject will have a maximum of 200 marks
Practical /Clinical -100
- University written Exam - 70
- Viva-Voce – 20
- Internal Assessment Exam-10
- University Exam - 90
- Internal Assessment Exam - 10
Practical and Viva-Voce only in University Examination
Pre-clinical Prosthodontics & Pre-clinical conservative Dentistry.
- Internal Assessment Exam - 20
- University Practical Exam- 60
- Viva-Voce- 20
The candidate will be awarded some marks for his/her records and the marks obtained for the record in the first appearance can be carried over to the subsequent appearances if necessary.
CRITERAIA FOR A PASS
- A candidate shall secure 50% marks in aggregate in university theory including viva voce and Internal Assessment for a pass.
- In the university Practical/ Clinical examination, a candidate shall secure 50% of university practical marks and Internal Assessment marks combined together. A candidate who obtained together.
- A candidate who obtains 65% of the total marks or more shall be 75% or more is eligible for Distinction only attempt will be eligible for distinction or class.
The University on application and remittance of a stipulated fee will permit a recounting of marks received for various questions in a theory Answer paper of all subjects for which marks awarded if identified. Any error in addition of the revised result will be declared.
GOAL OF BDS STUDENT
The dental graduates during training should acquire adequate knowledge, necessary skills and reasonable attitudes which are required for carrying out all activities appropriate to general dental practice involving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of anomalies and diseases of the teeth, mouth, jaws and associated tissues. The graduate also should understand the concept of community oral health education and able to participate in the rural health care delivery programmes existing in the country.