About the PTO
The Ada Vista Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is an organization whose purpose is to strengthen, enrich and encourage the educational experience at Ada Vista Elementary. Its goals are to compliment the school curriculum, build community and foster relationships among students, families, teachers and staff.
Who is the PTO?
ALL of US! Ada Vista Parents, Teachers and Staff are a part of the PTO. PTO meetings are public and everyone is welcome to contribute ideas and leadership.
What does the PTO do?
The financial support during the school year provides our kids with the help of our wonderful Native Spanish Speaking Aides, many curriculum enhancements, supports our Ada Vista staff and unifies the Ada Vista Family. This is money raised by the Ada Vista Community and purchases experiences and items beyond what the district can provide.
A few things the PTO did for Ada Vista last year:
- Fundraised $1!
- Gave 20 extra hours per week of individualized Spanish instruction (aides)
- Sent 92 fourth graders to Zoo Lab for one week
- Encouraged Reading through Junior Great Books, Battle of the Books and Young Authors
- Celebrated Music by giving each child a GR Symphony field trip
- Bussed kids over 1480 times to and from events
- Brought in a Spanish puppeteer for the whole school
- Purchased a gaga pit and benches for the playground
- Supplied awesome art projects three times for Grades 1-4 during lunchtime arts
- Provided Staff Meals during conferences and meetings
- Supplied teachers with classroom start-up money
- Granted dozens of teacher special funding requests (educational enhancements)
- Hosted nearly 800 AV friends and family at Fiesta Latina
- Kindergarten Welcome at Open House
- Cheers and Tears Parent Social Hour
- Purchased an entire garden full of trees and flowers for Milan's Garden
- Protect Young Eyes Presentation
How is the PTO funded?
We will aim to raise $112,000 this year! Here's how we do it:
- Caminata: An all school walk in the fall where kids earn money by sponsors/parents and complete the fun route around Ada!
- Square 1 Art: All student create a piece of art that can be made into fun and fabulous items (mugs, bags, etc). No obligation for families to purchase items, but proceeds raised goes to the PTO.
- Día de Arte: New this year is a casual and fun family event that will include student art exhibits, magic, face painting, fun kids activities and the platter and teacher experience auction! You do NOT want to miss this event!
- Scrip: New this year! Earn money by purchasing gift cards to places you already shop at! The school gets a percentage off of the top. Super easy, no hassle!
- Boxtops: Save those clippings! We raised over $1800 from this simple act last year.
- AmazonSmile: Do you shop Amazon? If so, our school could be getting a percentage of your purchase every time to buy! Simply bookmark this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/38-3652000 and every purchase used from there will be given cash for our school! (Share this with friends! Once you bookmark it you never have to think of doing it again.)
When does the PTO meet?
We meet once a month, typically the second Tuesday of each month. These meetings are run by the PTO board, but all are welcome to attend! Please see the calendar for exact times and locations.
September 18, 2018
October 9, 2018
November 13, 2018
December 11, 2018
January 8, 2019
February 12, 2019
March 12, 2019
April 9, 2019
May 14, 2019
June 4, 2019