Adams County Genealogical Society
The Adams County Genealogical Society was organized in January 2013 to promote and meet the needs of genealogy research in the Thornton, Adams County, Colorado area - and beyond! We are open to anyone interested in Genealogy. We have found that all of our members - beginners to experts - share ideas and often try each others methods. Meetings are warm and friendly. We feature a monthly educational (speaker) program. A society newsletter is published quarterly to keep members up-to-date.
Genealogy is the Key!
- To bring together persons who are conducting genealogical research and promote fellowship and cooperation among them.
- To promote and encourage an interest in genealogy as an aid to discover a person's origins.
- To educate members and the interested public in methods of genealogical research.
- To maintain and elevate genealogical standards of research, preservation and dissemination.
- To stress the importance of accuracy in research through careful documentation of researched materials.
- To locate, preserve, publish and index public and private genealogical and historical records.
- To assist and support any genealogical institutions or repositories in Colorado which are open to the public.
PUBLIC MEETINGS: 3rd Wednesday 7:00 p.m. (monthly)
Thornton Arts & Culture Center (TACC)
9209 Dorothy Blvd.
Thornton, CO 80229
2018 ACGS SPEAKERS
01/17/18 - Sylvia Tracy-Doolos - "British Isles Immigration"
02/21/18 - Roundtable Training:
- Pinterest for Genealogy
- Family Search
03/21/18 - Diane Barbour - "Early Roads to American Expansion"
04/18/18 - "Heirlooms & Ancestry" - Members and Guests are invited to bring an heirloom and give a brief history of the ancestor who owned it
05/16/18 - Dr. Ted Bainbridge - "I Can't Find That on a Map" - Finding aids, search methods, gazetteers, multiple languages and overcoming problems.
06/20/18 - Diane Barbour - "Enhance Your Genealogy with Online Media" - Learn to navigate the many resources available to genealogists.
Vicky Palmer - Munchies
Elaine Newton - Refreshments
JULY - SUMMER BREAK
08/15/18 - Offsite Field Trip to the Family History Center, 100 E Malley Dr., Northglenn, CO 80233 - ACGS Help Desk Night
Carol Norberg - Munchies
Vanessa Pachecho - Refreshments
09/19/18 - Carol Norberg - "In So Many Words"
Marge Carlson - Munchies
Darby Wilcox - Refreshments
10/17/18 - Jenny Moore - "How to Utilize Family Search"
Mary Craig - Munchies
Leslie Decker - Refreshments
11/14/18 - TBA Speaker/Topic
NOTE: The regular meeting date was 11/21/18 but has been moved ahead 1 week so as not to interfere with "day before" Thanksgiving holiday prep.
Name TBA - Munchies
Name TBA - Refreshments