The Adoption Process: What to Expect
- Complete an online application or see the attached file below
- Adoption Counselor will conduct an interview
- ID must be provided, such as Drivers License or Passport
- Payment of adoption fee may be made by cash, in state check or credit card
- If applicable, pet sitting fees are cash only
- If under age 25, co-applicant may be required
- Cherokee Humane Society reserves the right for a home visit
- You will take your dog home today!
- You will receive a post adoption follow up call
What does the adoption fee include?
- Exam by vet
- Age appropriate vaccinations DHPP
- Puppies 4 boosters
- Very young puppies Corona
- Young adults 2 boosters DHLPP
- Adults 1 booster DHLPP
- 3-4 deworming's
- Heartworm test for age 6 months or older
- Rabies for 4 months or older
- Current flea treatment
- Current heartworm prevention
- If needed dental
- Spay and neuter
- 20 day health insurance for unforeseen illness not your fault, only to used by Cherokee Humane Society vet
- Free training session
Follow up vaccinations and stitches removal are each Saturday at Acworth Petco. 1-3pm bring file and K9.
Customer is responsible for Rabies, fecal, and starting the next flea and heartworm prevention.