I am a PhD candidate at the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Stony Brook University. I am advised by Tzu-Chieh Wei at the CN Yang institute for Theoretical Physics. My research interests revolve broadly around understanding the role of global symmetries in strongly correlated quantum systems. I like to use a combination of mathematics and numerics to understand exotic quantum phenomena.
Before starting my PhD, I was born and raised in the city of Bangalore in Karnataka, India. I completed my undergraduate education with a dual degree in Physics and Electrical Engineering at the Goa campus of the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. I also spent some time at the Raman Research Institute where I worked on my undergraduate thesis.
News and olds
- [April 2018] My paper with Juven Wang and Tzu-Chieh Wei, "Unwinding Short-Range Entanglement" has been posted on arXiv.
- [March 2018] I attended the workshop on Chaos and Dynamics in Correlated Quantum Matter at the Max Planck institute for Complex Systems in Dresden.
- [March 2018] I presented my work with Lukasz Fidkowski on the Classification of one-dimensional drives of interacting fermions at the APS march meeting, 2018 in Los Angeles.
- [Jan 2018] I will be moving to ICTS-TIFR in Fall 2018 and starting as a Simons postdoctoral fellow!
- [Nov 2017] I attended the workshop "Progress in quantum collective phenomena – from MBL to black holes" at the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics where Tzu-Chieh presented our work on non-abelian symmetries in disordered spin chains. The video of the talk is available here.
- [Oct 2017] My paper with Sriram Ganeshan, Lukasz Fidkowski and Tzu-Chieh Wei, "Eigenstate phases with finite on-site non-Abelian symmetry" (previously titled "Ergodicity and symmetry breaking in disordered spin chains with on-site non-Abelian symmetry" ) has been published in Physical Review B.
- [Sep 2017] I gave a talk at the "Hydrodynamics, ergodicity, entanglement and localization in interacting lattice models and field theories" program at the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics. The video of the talk is available here.
- [August 2017] I attended the Simons Summer Workshop on "Strings and QFT without supersymmetry".
- [July 2017] My paper with David Stephen, Dongsheng Wang, Tzu-Chieh Wei and Robert Raussendorf "Computational Power of Symmetry-Protected Topological Phases" has been published in Physical Review Letters.
- [July 2017] My paper with Robert Raussendorf, Dongsheng Wang, Tzu-Chieh Wei and David Stephen, "Symmetry-protected topological phases with uniform computational power in one dimension" has been publised in Physical Review A.
- [June 2017] My paper with Sriram Ganeshan, Lukasz Fidkowski and Tzu-Chieh Wei, "Ergodicity and symmetry breaking in disordered spin chains with on-site non-Abelian symmetry" is on arXiv.
- [June 2016] I attended the workshop "Strongly Correlated Topological Phases of Matter" at the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics.
- [June 2016] I have been selected to receive one of the YITP Student Travel Awards for 2017.
- [January 2017] I presented a poster at the conference "Quantum Dynamics: From Models to Materials" at the Aspen Center for Physics.
- [July 2016] I attended the Boulder Summer School for Condensed Matter Physics on "Topological Phases of Quantum Matter".