Ambassador Bible Church
Fall Retreat 2019
The Supremacy of Christ
UPDATE: Registration is now closed
RETREAT WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Friday, November 22
- Starting at 4:30 pm -- Check-in at the Christiane Inn to receive your room key
- 6:30 - 7:30 pm -- Dinner in Sugarloaf Dining Hall
- 7:45 - 8:45 pm -- Session 1 in Monocacy Hall
- 8:45 - 9:15 pm -- Discussion groups
Saturday, November 23
- 8:30 - 9:30 am -- Breakfast in Sugarloaf Dining Hall
- 9:45 - 11:00 am -- Session 2 in Monocacy Hall
- 11:00 am - 11:45 am -- Discussion groups
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm -- Lunch in Sugarloaf Dining Hall
- 1:30 - 5:30 pm -- Free time
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm -- Dinner in Sugarloaf Dining Hall
- 6:45 - 8:00 pm -- Session 4 in Monocacy Hall
- 8:00 - 8:45 pm -- Discussion groups
- 9:00 - 10:00 pm -- Fire pit with s’mores (weather permitting)
Sunday, November 24
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am -- Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:30 am -- Pack and turn in keys to common areas in Christiane Inn
- 9:45 - 10:45 am -- Session 4 in Monocacy Hall
- 11:00 am -- Group photo to end retreat
Recommended Packing List
- Bible, journal, and pens
- Warm clothes for Saturday night fire pit (weather permitting)
- Refillable water bottle
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Board games, playing cards
- Football, soccer ball, basketball (sports fields on-site)
- Snacks and drinks for kids (microwave and refrigerator available on 2nd floor of lodging)
- For little ones: pack and play or other portable bed, baby monitor, booster seats for dining (the Inn does NOT have any cots or roll away beds)
When: November 22 evening - November 24 lunch, 2019
Where: Claggett Center (3035 Buckeystown Pike, Adamstown, MD 21710)
Speaker: Pastor Michael Martin from Stillmeadow Community Fellowship in Baltimore, Maryland
Contact Hallie Case (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cathi Stephens (email@example.com) with any questions.
Your registration fee covers 2 nights of lodging and 5 meals (Friday dinner; Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and Sunday breakfast
- Individual (single queen bed) - $240
- Individual (with a roommate, sharing a queen bed) - $195
- Married couple - $315
- Day rate (Saturday only, no lodging) - $45 per person
- Child age 4 and under - $40
- Child age 5 - 5th grade - $60
- Child Ignite age 6th - 12th grade - $80
Pastor Michael Martin from Stillmeadow Community Fellowship in Baltimore, Maryland will be speaking on The Supremacy of Christ.
After planting and pastoring churches in California, Michael currently serves as the Senior Pastor at Stillmeadow. He has had significant involvement in the work of church health and church diversity both while serving locally as a resource and nationally in denominational work with Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).
As a recording artist, (MichaelStevenMartin) he has been fortunate to have music he has written heard in a variety of venues in Christian and secular formats. He and his wife Gail have been married for over 35 years. They have a daughter, son, son-in-law and 3 grandsons.
Lodging for the retreat will be held at the Claggett Center's Christiane Inn. The Inn has two stories with hotel-style guest rooms that come as a single or double room with queen-size beds. Each room has a full private bathroom with towels, linens, shampoo, and soap. The facility is accessible, with an elevator and has a microwave and full-size refrigerator on the second floor.
All Ignite teens will room together in separate rooms apart from their families, unless otherwise requested.
There are a limited number of rooms with two queen beds. Families with young children will have priority reservation of these rooms. Families with 3 or more children under Ignite age will have priority for any connecting rooms available.
Single room with queen bed
Double room with two queen beds
Friday dinner; Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and Sunday breakfast are included in the cost of registration. Meals are provided by the Claggett Center. Indicate any food allergies upon submission of your registration.
A full-size refrigerator and microwave are located in the same building as the guest rooms if you wish to bring snacks or drinks.
Families with Children
A children's program for those under Ignite age will be provided.
Parents are advised to bring pack ‘n plays for their guest rooms (the Center does not have any cots or roll away beds), baby monitors, and booster seats for dining.