Featuring Hunter McQuistion, MD, Medical Director and Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Gouverneur Health, NYC, and Scott Stroup, MD, Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital and Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
1. Describe how and why some people with SMI take multiple medications.
2. Summarize some of the research on the use of multiple medications for people with SMI.
Featuring Anthony Carino, MD, Director of Psychiatry at Janian Medical Care and Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Delbert Robinson, MD, Associate Professor at the Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, and Professor of Molecular Medicine & Psychiatry at Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine.
1. Describe why LAIs may be prescribed.
2. Explain the potential advantages and disadvantages of long acting injectables, including common misconceptions about LAIs and how to address them.
3. Detail how can physicians and clinicians discuss LAIs with individuals in the context of their wants and needs, values, and choices.