Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - NYC
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC) is a leading non-profit organization in New York that has been caring for the community for over 40 years. We are founded on the belief that everyone, no matter age, race or socioeconomic status, is entitled to the best possible mental health treatment. Comprising of a network of seven treatment facilities within Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx, we assist children, families, and individuals with behavioral and emotional challenges in becoming more productive, independent members of society.
What we offer:
- Excellent Salary & Bonuses
- Amazing Culture
- Flexible Schedule
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Job Stability and Growth Opportunities (40 Years in the industry)
We are currently seeking warm and empathetic Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists to join our growing Clinical Team. Our centers are located at 2857 Linden Blvd., Brooklyn (East New York), 102 Pilling St., Brooklyn (Bushwick), and 579 Courtlandt Ave., Bronx (South Bronx).
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders of recipients under his/her care
- Provide medication therapy and medication education as required
- Participate in the development of, and is a signatory of treatment plans
- Conduct mental status examinations
- Review and approves discharge plan
- Graduate of a medical school approved by the New York State Education Department
- Completion of approved residency in Psychiatry
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State
- Certified or eligible to be certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- New York State License to practice medicine, in good standing
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines, including clinical and clerical staff
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and psychopharmacological treatment skills
- Strong clinical skills working with individuals with mental illness, including both individual and group psychotherapy
- Strong dedication to workplace mentorship, education and team-based care
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits are available for full-time positions including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Salary Increases, Bonuses, 403b Retirement Plan and more. In addition, our licensed professionals have free access to our online Continuing Education Courses. Perkins and other loan forgiveness may also be available, in addition to our Student Loan Pay Down incentive.
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center is a fast-paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with a passion for our mission. We offer a very competitive salary and flexible hours.
NYPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information or to apply, please contact Delilah Nossa, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-485-4077.
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Program Psychiatrists - NYC
CMHS currently has 4 permanent positions open for various Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Programs. The ACT Psychiatrist's primary purpose is to provide comprehensive community support and treatment program for adults with serious and persistent mental illness who have not responded to traditional modes of treatment. Will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, and function as a team leader/ clinical supervisor.
- Board certification in Psychiatry or board eligibility
- Valid license to practice medicine in New York State
- MD/DO from an accredited medical college & completion of residency program in psychiatry
Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and Queens (positions open in all the 4 locations)
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
One of the largest not-for-profit home & community based healthcare organizations in United States. They have over 125 years legacy of serving the needs of New Yorkers, promoting health and well-being of patients and their families by providing high-quality, compassionate care in their homes and communities.
Since 1986, their division of Community Mental Health Services (CMHS) has provided mental health care to people in New York City who suffer from mental illness and substance abuse disorders. CMHS is built on the tradition of leadership in public health and community outreach, while utilizing three key elements of community mental health outreach:
- Outreach: Services are usually provided at home or in the community
- Multidisciplinary teams: Social Workers, Social Work Assistants, Peer Specialists, Psychiatric Nurses, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, and Psychiatrists
- Biopsychosocial model: All services are clinically oriented and based on assessment of each client’s multi-system needs
- Is one of the largest mental health care providers in the United States devoted primarily to providing care in home or wherever we may find the person in need of services
- Operates 25 mental health programs providing care to approximately 15,000 clients annually
- Programs include assertive community treatment teams (ACT), mobile crisis teams, children’s mental health services, health homes, substance use case management, geriatric mental health case management, and others
- With a mission to provide consistent, coordinated health care to communities that is high quality and cost effective, the programs include teams that provide direct psychiatric care to clients, and CMHS Psychiatrists are critically important to this mission.
Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Work life balance with paid time offs /holidays/paid vacation /sick leave
- Retirement Plan/Disability/Retirement saving plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedule with 3-4 days working week
- Steady patient flow with maximum case load of 68 clients/month
- Active academic/research centric work environment
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply or get more information contact: Smriti Kangovi on email@example.com or