AACP Position Papers and Statements
The following are position statements on a variety of topics that have been developed and approved by the AACP Board. They are intended to help members and other stakeholders to have ready access to materials that can be used for advocacy, information sharing, and to generate discussion.
- Mental Health and Incarcerated Populations (4/2018)
- Putting Patients First by Improving Treatment Planning and Reducing Administrative and Clinical Burden of Treatment Plan Documentation (3/2018)
- Principles of Healthcare Reform (9/2017)
- Implementing Integrated Systems of Care for Individuals and Families with Complex Needs (revised 2/16)
- Housing Options for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses (rev. 2/16)
- Standards of Quality Measurement in Managed Behavioral Healthcare Delivery Systems (rev. 2/16)
- Involuntary Outpatient Commitment (revised 2/16, pending board approval)
- Representative Payeeships (revised 2/16, pending board approval)
- Position Statement on Climate Change (2/17)
The following provide more extensive background information and references which have informed the position statements above.
- Implementing Integrated Systems of Care for Individuals and Families with Complex Needs (revised 2/16, pending board approval)
- Housing Options For Individuals With Serious Mental Illnesses (SMI) (revised 2/16, pending board approval)