Join the board
AACP is Seeking Members Interested in Serving on the Board
The 2017 Nominating Committee would like to invite AACP members to nominate themselves or others for the forthcoming Board elections, which will be taking place in November and December 2017 (see timeline below).
Information about serving on the board:
The mission of the Board is to oversee and guide all aspects of the AACP organization. All board members are expected to devote a substantial portion of time to AACP projects and working groups, both at board meetings and in the intervening periods. They are expected to attend at least an average of two out of three in-person annual board meetings: one in the fall, held in conjunction with the IPS, one in the spring in conjunction with the APA annual meeting, and one mid-year retreat, usually in the winter. It is important to recognize that the AACP only reimburses part of the expenses of these trips (traditionally up to $500/meeting), so board members are responsible for the remaining costs.
Area representatives on the board, in addition to general board activities, serve as points of contact for membership outreach in their geographic membership area.
Number of positions whose terms are up in 2018: We will be electing 5 at large board members and 3 area representatives (from Area I – New England, Area IV – Midwest, and Area V – Southeast). Terms of office will run for 4 years, beginning May 2018,
How to Nominate:
- Self-Nomination: Any general AACP member wishing to stand for election should complete the Candidate Questionnaire prior to the closing date of Dec 15, 2017.
- Nomination of Others: We invite any AACP member to consider recommending another AACP member to stand for election. Please do first seek permission from the proposed nominee before contacting the Nominating Committee. If the person is agreeable, please submit the person’s name and contact information to AACP Project Coordinator. At that point, we will reach out to the candidate and ask them to complete and submit the candidate questionnaire by Dec 15, 2017.
Timeline for Election Process
- Nov 15, 2017 Nominations open
- Dec 1, 2017 Nomination reminder
- Dec 15, 2017 Nominations close (and candidate questionnaires are due)
- Jan 5, 2018 Nominations reviewed and finalized by nominating committee
- Jan 8, 2018 Candidate questionnaires posted to website for membership perusal
- Jan 15, 2018 Board Elections open
- Feb 15, 2018 Board Elections close
- March 1, 2018 Announcement of election outcome
Who to contact:
For any further information about the nomination process, please contact our Nominating Committee Chair, Curtis Adams.
Any member of the current Board or the Nominating Committee is happy to speak to any member regarding serving on the Board if that would be helpful.
Thank you in advance for considering serving in this capacity for our organization.
The 2017 Nominating Committee:
Curtis Adams (chair)