Data Dive 2019
The A2 Data Dive is back for it's 7th annual event!
Saturday, March 23rd
12:00 PM - 5:30 PM | North Quad 2255
The A2 Data Dive is an afternoon-long data "hackathon" that brings together novice and experienced data scientists to help a local non-profit become more effective through data organization, manipulation, and visualization. The event will start at noon with an introduction and lunch. Participants will then break out in teams and work together on the data for the rest of the afternoon. We will conclude with a short session for each team to present their findings.
This is a great opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, and gain hands-on experience working with real data while giving back to the community. The Data Dive is open to anyone, regardless of technical/skill background. There is a way for anyone to be involved!
Client details to follow soon.
- 12-12:30pm: Registration, food, intro
- 12:30-1:30pm: Team break-out and data exploration
- Problem statement refinement & role designations (designate question managers and any other more technical people who could help out if needed)
- 2:00pm: Mid-point check-in
- Let each subgroup describe their findings so far. Share any problems/questions/concerns.
- 2:15-4:00pm: Project work
- 4:00-4:45pm: Finish and consolidate findings
4:45-5:30: Meet in NQ 2255 (if not already in there). Presentations and wrap-up.