- Where does tuition take place?
Lessons take place at my home in Teignmouth, where I have a dedicated Learning Room for one-to-one or small group sessions.
- Are you qualified?
I am a fully qualified teacher with two young children of my own. My qualifications include:
- BA (Hons) undergraduate degree
- BSc (Open) undergraduate degree
- PGCE (Post-graduate Certificate in Education). This is an official UK teaching qualification.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). This qualifies me to work as a teacher in the UK, although not all private tutors have this award.
- MEd (Masters in Education) Exeter University - Distinction. Not many classroom teachers hold this prestigious post-graduate degree.
- Do you have teaching and tutoring experience?
I have over thirteen years of teaching and tutoring experience. My background in Sociology and Psychology means I have a thorough knowledge of how children learn. I also have years of volunteer experience at a local preschool and toddler group.
- Do you have a DBS certificate?
Yes, this can be viewed before the first lesson.
- How much do you charge?
One-to-one tuition is £25 per hour (or £14 for 30 minutes for younger children).
Group tuition (2-4 children) is £12 per hour per child.
- Can I discuss my child's learning needs prior to arranging lessons?
Yes, of course. Please get in touch by email: email@example.com or call me on 07917 062798.