8th Grade Academy
- Sign-up to get text message updates on our program!
- text @f68ehe to the number 81010
- Optional Challenges before our next session:
1) Watch (or re-watch) the talks below for additional inspiration! Or watch some of these kid TED talks.
2) Email your Peninsula Bridge advisor to communicate your GPA, your academic goals for the month, and your plan for how you might enhance your speech for our next session.
1) Email your Peninsula Bridge advisor to communicate your GPA, your academic goals for the month, and your plan for Challenge #2 (see below). Sending these kinds of formal emails is good practice for high school (if you need some guidance, see this example).
2) Set a meeting (and then follow-up and meet!) with an adult (a potential mentor?) whom you may be able to offer you support, enrichment, or whom you would be interested in learning more about in some way. The person could be a teacher, a counselor, a coach, a family friend, etc. Showing initiative and self-advocating for support and enrichment are important skills to have as you prepare to transition into high school. Let us know how we can help you build these skills in school and beyond :).