6th Grade Language Arts
6th Grade Language Arts Syllabus 2017-2018
Mr. George Fearns
Students Email: email@example.com Parents Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital work submitted into Google Classroom. *Parents must get student login info from son or daughter to access.
Tutoring: Stripe Days 7:30 - 7:55
Welcome to your language arts classroom! You are all bringing something special and unique to our class: yourself. You might have different likes and dislikes, different knowledge and skills, or different hopes and goals from those of your classmates, but you share the need to learn and to grow. We will come together to share a space where we are free to respectfully express ourselves.
Over the course of the year, we will engage in a variety of communication activities. We will be reading, writing, speaking and listening every day. You will learn strategies to become better readers, techniques to write more effectively, skills to speak eloquently, and approaches to become a skilled listener.
Daily Class Materials:
- Paper Notebook
- Paper Notebook
- Three Ring Binder
- Treat every individual in class with respect.
- Come to class on time with all required materials and participate fully.
- Ask questions which will enhance your learning.
- Refrain from any activity which interferes with learning.
- No food is allowed in class. Water is allowed.
- Backpacks are to remain in lockers. Do not bring them into the classroom.
- Cell phones are not to be seen or heard in class. Permission will be given periodically for academic purposes only.
- A verbal or written warning by the teacher.
- A conference with the teacher and student.
- A phone call home or a parent conference.
- A referral is submitted to the Student Advisor or the Assistant Principal.
Process assignments – class work and homework = 40%
Summative – Unit tests, projects, presentations, essays, stories, etc. = 50 %
Final assessment = 10%
A: 100% - 90%
B: 89% - 80%
C: 79% - 70%
D: 69% - 60%
F: 59% & below
Students have 48 hours after a return from absence to turn in late work. After 48 hours, work will be accepted for 70% credit.