561 BUILD offers one annual Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) scholarship for $1000. The scholarship deadline is December 31. Decisions will be made and the winning applicant will be notified by January 31. The following requirements should be met by applicants:
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited American University degree program or Technical school that results in a Certificate, Bachelor's of Science, or Master's of Science degree being obtained or a High School student accepted into the same.
- Non-science degree majors will be considered if related to STEM, such as a health care administrator or business major with a minor in accounting.
- Write a short essay a page or two long telling us about yourself, your degree major, personal and professional aspirations, and any other pertinent information.
- Provide full name as enrolled, Student ID number, email address, phone number, and school department address that will receive the check. Acceptance of the award check constitutes agreement to publish student's bio on our website. Bios of minors under the age of 18 will not be published.
- Provide sealed electronic transcript sent directly from the University, College, Technical or High School (if first year University student). If your school is old-fashioned, have them scan and send the transcript. Please send the transcript in the month of December. Some schools only allow a one month window to open the electronic file and we only monitor the inbox at award time. If accepted and not enrolled, provide letter of acceptance and transcripts from prior school.
- Provide a 3x5 head shot photo and a short bio of about 150 words for press release purposes. The bio may contain similar information as the essay in a condensed format.
561 BUILDING INSPECTIONS Copyright 2018
2787 East Oakland Park Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33306
Serving All of South Florida Broward Miami-Dade Palm Beach County