Symposium on matter at high and ultra-high pressures
Washington University in St. Louis
Crow Hall, room 204
April 21, 2018
9:30-10:30 Session I
- Anup Gangopadhyay (Washington University). Structure and fragility of liquids.
- Pallavi Malavi (Washington University). High pressure investigations on semi-Heusler compound CuMnSb.
- Narelle Deatherage (Liberty High School) . From superconductivity under pressure to raising the next generation of scientists.
10:45-12:05 Session II
- Craig Looney (Merrimack College). If there's a fork in the state function, take it.
- Jing Song (Washington University). Highly correlated electron effects in selected lanthanides under extreme pressure.
- Shanti Deemyad (University of Utah). Lithium: a mystery metal.
- Gilberto Fabbris (Argonne National Laboratory). X-ray spectroscopy at high pressure.
12:05-1:10 Lunch [Crow Hall location TBA]
1:10-2:40 Session III
- Keynote 1:10-2:00: Stefan Klotz (IMPMC, Sorbonne University, Paris ). Under pressure, there is always something happening.
- Jinhyuk Lim (Washington State University). High pressure effects on 4f magnetic and hydrogen based materials.
- James Hamlin (University of Florida). It's not just P-T, it's how you get there.
2:50-4:30(?) Session IV
- Video Presentations TBA
- Yuhang Deng (Washington University). Superconductivity in cesium and magnetism in samarium under extreme pressure.
- Wenli Bi (Argonne National Laboratory). High pressure studies of magnetism via synchrotron Moessbauer spectroscopy .
- Neda Forouzani (University of Maryland). From superconductivity to superconducting circuit.
- Harald Gossner (Intel Corp.). High-Tc materials under pressure, episode I.
4:30 PM Reception and tour of Group Schilling high pressure lab