Fort Carson Support Services
Objects of the IBEW
The objects of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers are:
- To organize all workers in the entire electrical industry in the United States and Canada, including all those in public utilities and electrical manufacturing, into local unions,
- To promote reasonable methods of work,
- To cultivate feelings of friendship among those in our industry,
- To settle all disputes between employers and employees by arbitration (if possible)
- To assist each other in sickness or distress,
- To secure employment,
- To reduce hours of daily labor,
- To secure adequate pay for our work,
- To seek a higher and higher standard of living,
- To seek security for the individual,
- And by legal and proper means to elevate the moral, intellectual, and social conditions of our members, their families and dependents, in the interest of a higher standard of citizenship.
Declaration of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Our cause is the cause of human justice, human rights, human security.
We refuse, and will always refuse, to condone or tolerate dictatorship or oppression of any kind.
We will find and expel from our midst any who might attempt to destroy, by subversion, all that we stand for.
This Brotherhood will continue to oppose communism, Nazism or any other subversive "ism".
We will support our God, our Nations, our Union.