ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 15th!
What is Club STEM?
Students in grades 3-5 are invited to expand their skills and awareness in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. During our club sessions, students will work in teams to apply their understanding of STEM concepts in order to solve complex problems through the design and construction of various devices. While we realize that students have varying skill levels in each of these areas, it is expected that those interested students have an avid interest in problem solving, engineering and design. Mrs. Cassity (Instructional Technology Specialist) will sponsor Club STEM. There is no charge to participate. Please note, Club STEM will only be offering during first semester. An additional club opportunity will be offered during the second half of the school year.
Due to space, Club STEM can only accept a limited number of 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.
Please note the requirements below:
1. Be able to meet at the specified times for the duration of the program. It is understood illnesses arise or extenuating circumstances occur.
2. Access to a computer at home to continue their learning in between club meeting dates.
3. A genuine interest in STEM-related careers
4. A willingness to think critically and collaborate with others
5. 4th and 5th graders will need to be available to attend and participate in the Engaging Elementary Engineers Event at University of Montevallo on Friday, December 12th. (more information to follow)