Windsor Woods Elementary Counseling
School Counseling Program
What Do School Counselors Do?
We are here to help you and your students! Here are some ways we can offer support:
- Individual Counseling: By teacher, parent or student self-referral, we work with students on any issues interfering their learning.
- Small Group Counseling: Also by referral, we offer small groups peer support and social skills training through "Lunch Bunches".
- Classroom Life Skills Lessons: Monthly and by teacher request, we conduct lessons on careers, social/emotional behaviors, and academics.
- Consultation: We work with teachers and parents to understand and meet each individual students' needs.
- Coordination: We offer assistance to parents and students in using community resources and referrals to outside agencies.
- Advocacy: We strive to support the rights and needs of each individual child.
- Parent/Teacher In-service: We offer presentations on topics of common interest or concern by request.
- Crisis Management: We offer support during times of trauma affecting individual students, groups, or the entire school community.