VUSD iPads for students are managed through a "Meraki console" by district Tech.
ADDING APPS - Only VUSD Tech department can add apps. Purchased apps (beyond the list at right) will need to be paid for with site money.
AR RenPlace Validation - Validate with the district's RPID: VUSD-64WT
ARRANGING ICONS - Arranging icons is currently blocked, but may change.
BRAINPOP - Brainpop's free movie of the week can also be used to view all Jr. movies. Contact Barry in tech if it is not working.
CHARGING CARTS - iPads (and Chromebooks) can be left plugged in and charging without damage to them. If on school holiday more than a week the cart may be turned off to save power.
DISPLAYING THE IPAD - requires an Apple TV connected to the projector, or simply put the ipad under a document camera for a low-cost workaround.
HOME USE - yes, teachers can take an iPad home to practice, research, and work with them. They will work on home wifi. They must be brought back to VUSD each day.
LOST IPADS - Notify the tech department if an iPad is missing. Our console can identify if it is still on site.
STARFALL SUBSCRIPTION - Schools (Cooper and Markham) and TK classes that have a subscription to Starfall should use the "free" version, and contact Tech for login information.
VUSD Purchased Apps for 2016 iPads
(To be installed Feb. 2017)
- 123 Ninja
- ABC Ninja
- Beginning Sounds Interactive Game
- Dominoes Addition
- Intro to Math
- LetterSchool- learn to write letters
- Monkey Math School Sunshine
- Monkey Word School Adventure
- Sight Words Ninja
- Subitizing Flash Cards
- Teach Me Kindergarten
VUSD Free Apps/Icons added to all iPads
- AR RenPlace (see validation at left)
- BrainPop Jr. (login info at left)
- ChatterPix Kids (see how-to)
- Endless Numbers and Endless Reader
- Epic Ebooks (free account required)
- Find Sums (MathTrappers)
- Front Row and iStation (Markham only)
- MobyMax (shortcut to school subscription)
- Quick Math Jr.
- Reading Eggs (Subscription Required)
- Reading Train
- Starfall ABC (see note at left)