Preparing for Educational Instruction During Periods of Extended School Dismissal
With Coronavirus cases beginning to increase in the state of Kansas, we need to be prepared for a possible extended cancellation of classes. Even thought we may not be in school, the education process may be allowed to continue. This page is being but together for you to learn or update yourself on how to continue the education of our students without being in the classroom. This could be because of the ever increasing number of Coronavirus cases, a blizzard or ice storm, or other emergencies.
You will find a number of resources here to help you become more proficient at online instruction. Not only with this prepare you for an emergency situation, but this will also help you in your normal everyday classroom.
- The StarLeaf app allows you to send messages, make calls, create groups, and schedule meetings from any device.
- Starleaf is our mobile video conferencing system. Each elementary school in our district has a mobile unit that can be moved from room to room. Each of our high schools have a Starleaf classroom. There is a mobile app that you can download to your computer, phone, or mobile device. You will need an account to use Starleaf. If you want to use Starleaf and need an account, contact Doug Piper.
- USD 243 Lebo-Waverly Schools will NOT BE IN SESSION ON FRIDAY, MARCH 13! NO SCHOOL TOMORROW due to the potential exposure and spread of virus germs.
- This link take you to the Starleaf help and support site. You can find information to help you use the Starleaf system or the mobile app. https://support.starleaf.com/using/starleaf-app/
- Google Classroom
- Loom is a video recording tool that helps you get your message across through instantly shareable videos.
- With Loom, you can record your camera, microphone, and desktop simultaneously. Your video is then instantly available to share through Loom's patented technology.