LISA Utn group
This is the official web page of the LISA research group at the University of Trento
LISA Consortium Logo Competition won by Davide Dal Bosco
Davide Dal Bosco, PhD student in our group, won the LISA Consortium Logo Competition with this original design and was awarded during the LISA Consortium Call of February 25th, 2021.
Lisa Symposium XIII, September 1st-3rd 2020
The 2020 edition of the LISA Symposium conference was held online.
This is the list of talks given by members of the UTN LISA group:
- Daniele Vetrugno: Experimental challenges in unveiling the sub-mHz gravitational wave universe
- Eleonora Castelli: Low frequency noise disturbances in LISA: discussion of experimental results from LISA Pathfinder
- Davide dal Bosco: Torsion-pendulum testing of LISA charge management with a replica LPF gravitational reference sensor
- Martina Muratore: Revisitation of the Time Delay Interferometry technique for LISA and instrument diagnostics
- Edoardo Dalla Ricca: LATESTS DEVELOPMENT IN THE ANALYSIS OF THE GRABBING POSITIONING AND RELEASE MECHANISM PERFORMANCE
- Lorenzo Sala: Sub-pN force glitches on LISA Pathfinder as outgassing events: ongoing analysis and simulations
2020 EAS Tycho Brahe Medal awarded to Stefano Vitale
The European Astronomical Society (EAS) awarded the 2020 Tycho Brahe Medal to Prof. Stefano Vitale, "for leading the LISA Pathfinder mission which has demonstrated with extraordinary precision the technology required for the future Laser Interferometer Space Antenna whose fundamental aim is to observe low frequency gravitational waves from space".
The Tycho Brahe Medal is awarded in recognition of the developement or exploitation of European instuments or major discoveries based largely on such instuments. See the press release.