Events and Updates
Open House May 16th, 2018
Dear Room 14 Parents,
I can’t believe we are almost done with our year together. It has been such a joy to have your child in my class and it has been such a great year. As we are finishing up our 3rd and 4th grade year I would like to invite you to our Open House on Wednesday 5/16/2018 from 7pm-8pm.
There will also be a Home and School Club meeting at 6:30-7pm in the cafeteria.
I know the students are super excited to show you their work and successes.
Music Concert - 3/22 at 6:30pm
Our music concert is this Thursday (3/22) at 6:30pm.
- PLEASE - Email me and let me know if your child is coming to the show.
- If you are planning to come feel free to drop your child off in my classroom at 6pm and find a seat in the cafeteria. I am not 100% sure what time doors open but I know there will be parents waiting outside trying to get a good seat.
- Wear something dark (navy blue or black).
- Our class (along with Mrs. Carlen's class) will be performing first. You are more than welcome to stay after to watch the rest of the performance or go home with your child. Please let me know (either a simple wave or a bye) that you and your child are leaving so I know that they are safe with you.
Feel free to email me any questions. I am really proud of how hard they have been working and I know they will do a great job!
Global Play Day 2/7/2018
We will be participating in the Global Play Day this coming Wednesday (2/7/2018). Our whole school will be participating and encouraging unstructured play. The goal is to unplug from our computers & allow students to just play.
Here is the link if you would like more information about what Global Play Day is about: http://www.globalschoolplayday.com/
Your child is allowed to bring any of the following:
- board games
- stuffed animal
- arts/crafts (markers, paper, oil pastels)
I will be allowing the students to play right after recess till lunch time. Hope your child can bring something they enjoy to share with the rest of the class.
Valentine's Day Card Exchange
Dear Room 14 Parents,
Our class will be having a Valentine’s Day card exchange on February 14th, 2018. There are 10 students in my class. If your child wants to bring cards to pass out, please bring enough for everyone in the class.
To save on time, please have your child write his/her name near “from” and leave “to” blank. We will fill out the rest in class. This will make it easier that day to fill out and more meaningful as they write their classmates name in class.
I will be providing a small snack so there is no need to bring any food/drinks.
Feel free to email me any questions.
Pajama Day Friday 12/22/17
Wear your pjs again this Friday! Your child may bring a stuffed animal if they wish to.
Room 14 Holiday Party this Friday at 1pm.
If you signed up to bring something, please have your child bring it the morning of or drop it off at 12:45pm.
Pajama Day - Friday 12/15/17
Our spirit day is this Friday 12/15. This time instead of wearing Alta Vista colors you can wear your pjs!
Can't wait to see you all in your pajamas!
Upcoming Events and Dates
- 3rd and 4th graders both have field trips on Thursday Nov. 30th.
Dec 5th is Family Code Night!
It's See's Candy time!!
Order forms came home today, and are due back: December 13th.
Candy will be sent home with your student: December 20th.
Orders can be turned in either to your teacher or left in the office on the corner of the entry table.
Halloween is less than 2 weeks and I am so excited to see the students dress up. They are all so excited and have been sharing what they are dressing up as. Just a reminder that the Halloween Parade is in the morning at 8:30am. If it does rain, then unfortunately the parade is cancelled.
We are planning to have a Halloween Party that afternoon starting at 1:15pm.
We are in need of the following (enough for 10 students):
- Fruits ( please no oranges)
- plates and napkins
Please let me know if you can help!
Thank you so much,
Updated 4th Grade Field Trip Schedule
We are so excited to share our updated field trip schedule!
- November 30th - The Tech Museum. We will be exploring the exhibits and engineering and innovation with the IMAX Dream Big.
- January 11th and 12th - Walkthrough California presentation
- February 15th - Mission San Juan Bautista
- May 24th - Bay Area Discovery Museum Try it Truck
More information, permission slips, and chaperone information to follow. Have a wonderful day!
Check out our haunted house mystery book reports!
Sorry about the confusion about the turn in date for homework folders. On the BINGO instruction sheet I had written Thursday as the due date, but I actually meant to write Friday.
All homework is assigned Monday and due Friday!
*Also please make sure your child is completing 5 boxes IN A ROW, not spread out randomly on the page. Please return homework folders with the BINGO sheet included so I can see what boxes your child worked on.
9/1 - No School
9/4 - No School
9/8 - Picture Day
9/27 - Family Night
Suggestions for students using online programs at home:
- Use the Chrome browser
- Sign in to Chrome with the student's school Google account
- Click the box in the top, right corner of the Chrome window or click the People menu then Add Person
- Now the students should be able to use the Sign in with Google function like they do at school
- They will also have access to the homepage (Symbaloo) and bookmarks they use at school
This week is going to be really hot! Please pack water in your child's backpack so they can stay hydrated.
There are hydration stations on campus too so bring a reusable bottle :)