Research: Citizen Scientist Opportunities

You're the Best.

You're a Citizen Scientist.

You know U better than anyone else.

You're an expert.

Can I be in a Research Study?

Yes, almost anyone can volunteer for a study.

The Research Registry helps us match Citizen Scientists volunteers (that's you!) with researchers who need your help to find new treatments and learn more about mental health.

The registry doesn't sign you up for a study! It only gives researchers permission to contact you for a research study they think might be a good fit.

Research Opportunities to be a Citizen Scientist if you don't have a diagnosis.

Research at The Veteran's Administration

If you or a caregiver are experiencing a crisis or need to speak with someone with military experience, contact the Veteran's Crisis Line

If you are a Service member or Veteran in crisis or if you are concerned about a Veteran, there are specially trained responders ready to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

  • Dial 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone.
  • Send a text message to 838255 to connect with a VA responder.
  • Start a confidential online chat session at

The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences clinicians and researchers partner with the Veteran's Administration Medical Center to provide leading edge research specifically for military veterans.

Research studies can be found here or at the VA Medical Center.

Thank you for being our Partner in research.

Research Office

Fairview Riverside, West Building

2312 S. 6th Street

Floor 2, Suite F275

Minneapolis, MN 55454



Sarah Coleman, Research Outreach Specialist


If you're currently seeking a physician, therapist, or clinician who may be able to help, please contact the Psychiatry Clinic at the University of Minnesota at 612-273-8700.