Do you want to ask a Question?
If you have any questions during the session, please post them to our Riseup Pad (EtherPad): pad.riseup.net/p/Vu1gwAnuhaDC
Why use Riseup Pad?
- Questions can be posted anonymously.
- Users may collaboratively edit the pad.
- Pad disappears after 30days of inactive use.
Threat Modeling Activity
Answer the 5 questions of threat modeling. Write down your answers on the handout.
- What do you want to protect?
- Who do you want to protect it from?
- How likely is it that you will need to protect it?
- How bad are the consequences if you fail?
- How much trouble are you willing to go through in order to try to prevent those?
Diceware is a method where users roll dice and reference a word list to create unique passphrases.
Note: This activity happens in a public setting. We advise you NOT to use you diceware passphrase from this session, but you roll your own diceware phrases in a private and secure environment.
Generate the numbers:
- Roll your die five times to create a 5-digit number
- Write down the 5-digit number on your handout
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 until you have a total of six, 5-digit numbers
Find the words:
- Go to https://www.eff.org/files/2016/07/18/eff_large_wordlist.txt
- Use [CMD/CTRL + F] to find your number in the list
- Write down that number’s corresponding word on your handout
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 for all of your numbers until you have 6 words
- Write down your 6-word passphrase
Obscure your phrase:
Do this if the login requires special characters.
- Add numbers, symbols, and spaces to your passphrase
You can also generate diceware passphrases in your browser
Note: For maximum security, save and run offline.