Openings and opportunities
I am always looking for excellent postdoctoral scholars and students of all levels to join my group. If you are interested, feel free to contact me at Zhibo.Zhang@umbc.edu Please include your CV, (unofficial) transcripts, and a description of your background and research interests. I value a rigorous quantitative background and strong communication skills, and I particularly welcome interest from women and underrepresented minorities.
Graduate and postdoctoral fellowships
If you are a prospective graduate student or postdoctoral fellow interested in joining my group, you can also apply for your own funding through a number of fellowships. Graduate students can apply for a number of prestigious fellowships, including:
- The NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF) – open to foreign nationals!
- The Graduate Student Fellowship by JCET– open to foreign nationals!
- The NSF graduate fellowship (pdf)- limited to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- The National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) fellowship – limited to U.S. citizens.
There also are a number of excellent fellowships for prospective postdoctoral fellows, including:
- NSF postdoctoral fellowship in atmospheric sciences or Earth sciences – limited to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- NOAA postdoctoral fellowship – open to foreign nationals!
Provided that your research interests and qualifications are a good match for my group, I would be happy to advice you in preparing your fellowship application. Keep in mind that writing a competitive proposal takes a lot of time, so it’s best to start (and contact me) well ahead of the application deadline.