Develop a BI service which facilitates evidence based decision making in meeting the needs of the Muslim residences of Greater London.
Survey amenities currently available to Muslims in London.
Develop BI service with functional timely data
Identify gaps in services and areas of needs for Muslims
Business Intelligence (BI)
The current use of data for informed decision making based on the OCU BI maturity level is Absent.
Current level: Absent (Lv 1) - No formal institutional intelligence initiative is in place, or it is in such an early state that it cannot be perceived as such. Data usage is, in general, limited to operational contexts.
Next level: Initial (Lv 2) - The notion of data as a valuable asset that must be provided to certain addressees in an efficient, trustworthy way is perceived in some functional areas, and some local initiatives arise. Small scale, local success stories regarding data analysis services may happen.
Desired level: Consolidated (Lv 4) - Institutional Intelligence is clearly established as a permanent, global, visible, and valued program resulting in an effective internal service. Several data products targeted to different user groups and covering different functional areas have been created and are actively used.
Step 1: Data to be centrally reliable and locally responsible
- Survey: Data is fragment and mistrusted - information sources are disparate and unconnected
- Actions: Governance structure, local accountability of data, validate data, central system
Step 2: Design and initiate BI system
- Actions: Develop a single central system and link all data to a dashboard
- Note! Linking of data should be phased
Step 3: Expand and make reliable forcast
- Make use local case to demonstrate value and increase involvement
- Improve and integrate BI into the institution
- Report on Muslim demographic in London
- Map all Masajid in London
- Map all Muslim cemetaries in London
- Map all schools in London
- Map all eateries in London
Outcome: Output files (csv, shp) + Maps
- Create application which will automatically make current data available
- Identify areas requiring Masajid and recommend optimal locations
- Identify areas requiring education centres and recommend optimal locations