Chicago Action Now!
Rotating Chicagoland workshop on
Dynamical Systems, Group Actions,
Geometry and related topics
Sunday February 26, 2017
- Edgar Bering (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Kathryn Lindsey (University of Chicago)
- Sam Nariman (Northwestern)
- Amie Wilkinson (University of Chicago)
Schedule: All talks will be in room 636 in the SEO building of the UIC campus
9-9:30 Welcome with coffee and snacks
- 9:30-10:30 Kathryn Lindsey Shapes of polynomial Julia sets
- 11:00-12:00 Edgar Bering Compatibility of length functions and the geometry of their deformation spaces
- 1:30-2:30 Sam Nariman Braid groups and diffeomorphisms of the punctured disk
- 3:00-4:00 Amie Wilkinson Robust mechanisms for chaotic dynamics
All talks will be in room 636 in the SEO building (6th floor) of the UIC campus. Street parking is available in the area.