The purpose of this site is to give you an overview of the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) and to help you practise some skills you'll need for writing it. NOTE: you need to be logged into your UGCloud account to access the forms embedded on this site.
Skills Assessed on the OSSLT
You need to show that you:
- understand ideas and information directly stated in the reading
- understand ideas and information implied by the reading
- can make connections between information and ideas in a reading and personal knowledge and experience.
You need to show that you can:
- develop a main idea with enough supporting details
- organize information and ideas in a way that makes sense and is well-organized
- use proper sentence structure, spelling, grammar and punctuation so that your writing can be easily understood