Rocks Beta 7
Welcome to Rocks 7 - Beta.
The purpose of the beta is to improve Rocks to support CentOS version 7. This should not be used on production hardware.
How to help
- Report bugs/issues. Use the rocks7-beta google group for first report. (email@example.com). You need to be a member of the group to post questions. (https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1067205). All posts are public, see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rocks7-beta
- Submit pull requests through github (github.com/rocksclusters)
- Be patient
- View the youtube video of Rocks7 installation. It's very different from Rocks 6
- Download the kernel iso image at: http://beta7.rocksclusters.org/isos/kernel-7.0-0.x86_64.disk1.iso
- "Burn" the image to either a DVD (not tested) or a USB stick (tested). It is the same process as copying a CentOS installer image to USB (https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey)
- Boot the installer and follow the steps shown in the video.
What's NOT available ?
- The is not "scheduler" roll. It's on the todo list.
- restore rolls are completely untested (and probably don't work, so don't try). Ethernet device names are completely different.
- rocks-console when installing subordinate nodes. You can ssh to the node during installation for text-based access
- You can also set install headless and then use SSH to tunnel the nodes xVNC connection (ssh <node> -L 5901:localhost:5901
- CD/DVD-based rolls. All rolls must come from a network server (beta7.rocksclusters.org for this)